Zion Lutheran School
Zion Lutheran School Photo #2 - Students of Zion Lutheran School’s 4th—6th grades work together to organize, bag, and label over four hundred quilts and blankets for the students at Owego-Apalachin Elementary School, to help families affected by the 2011 flood.
Zion Lutheran School Photo #3 - Students of Zion take a math break with Math Munchers on the school's laptops.
The mission of Zion Lutheran School is to provide spiritual, emotional, physical, social and intellectual learning with Jesus Christ as the center.
We provide a quality Christian education while encouraging the children to grow spiritually, cognitively, physically, and socially through the challenging activities that we provide.
In the classroom this means providing a place in which children feel confident learning challenging material in a loving atmosphere, while growing in their understanding of Christ and his word.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 41 students
- Yearly Tuition: $3,000
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: Apr. 30 / Aug. 30 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Zion Lutheran School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
modest and appropriate
modest and appropriate
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Apr. 30 / Aug. 30 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition cost for 2nd child: $2490 Tuition cost 3rd child:$1980
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
Janet A. Pawlak
- High academic standards--Academic Excellence Powered by God
- Multilevel grades Kindergarten & 1st; 2nd & 3rd; 4th-6th
- Preschool 3 & 4 year old class and 4 & 5 year old class
- Weekly Chapel experience
- Individualized music lessons available
- Soprano recorder instruction, 3rd grade
- Chimes instruction, 4th-6th grades
- Computer lab and computers in all classrooms
- Introduction to Spanish, 2nd-6th grades
- Educational fieldtrips for all students
- Active parent group, with ample opportunities for parent involvement
- Full cafeteria with home cooked meals, library, gymnasium, computer lab, outside playground
- Monthly school newsletter
- Keyboarding skills 2nd--6th grades
- Certified kindergarten through sixth grade teacher
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Zion Lutheran School cost?
Zion Lutheran School's tuition is approximately $3,000 for private students.
When is the application deadline for Zion Lutheran School?
The application deadline for Zion Lutheran School is Apr. 30 / Aug. 30 / rolling (applications are due on Apr. 30 / Aug. 30 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Zion Lutheran School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.