Zion Lutheran School
Zion Lutheran School Photo #2 - Students of Zion Lutheran School’s 4th—6th grades work together to organize, bag, and label over four hundred quilts and blankets for the students at Owego-Apalachin Elementary School, to help families affected by the 2011 flood.
Zion Lutheran School Photo #3 - Students of Zion take a math break with Math Munchers on the school's laptops.
The mission of Zion Lutheran School is to provide spiritual, emotional, physical, social and intellectual learning with Jesus Christ as the center.
We provide a quality Christian education while encouraging the children to grow spiritually, cognitively, physically, and socially through the challenging activities that we provide.
In the classroom this means providing a place in which children feel confident learning challenging material in a loving atmosphere, while growing in their understanding of Christ and his word.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Students: 41 students
- Yearly Tuition: $3,000
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: Apr. 30 / Aug. 30 / rolling
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
(modest and appropriate)
(modest and appropriate)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Apr. 30 / Aug. 30 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition cost for 2nd child: $2490 Tuition cost 3rd child:$1980
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
Janet A. Pawlak
- High academic standards--Academic Excellence Powered by God
- Multilevel grades Kindergarten & 1st; 2nd & 3rd; 4th-6th
- Preschool 3 & 4 year old class and 4 & 5 year old class
- Weekly Chapel experience
- Individualized music lessons available
- Soprano recorder instruction, 3rd grade
- Chimes instruction, 4th-6th grades
- Computer lab and computers in all classrooms
- Introduction to Spanish, 2nd-6th grades
- Educational fieldtrips for all students
- Active parent group, with ample opportunities for parent involvement
- Full cafeteria with home cooked meals, library, gymnasium, computer lab, outside playground
- Monthly school newsletter
- Keyboarding skills 2nd--6th grades
- Certified kindergarten through sixth grade teacher
Endorse Zion Lutheran School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.