A Child's Journey School
- Our philosophy is based in our belief that children are competent individuals who can construct their own meaning of their experiences.
- The teacher’s role is not to provide all the correct answers.
- Rather, the teacher provides the occasion for discovery and learning.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||We welcome all children.|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||126 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit our website for our tuition rates.|
|Admissions Director||Christa Giblin-Niven|
|Admissions Associate||Hailey Landagora|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Creative Drama, Individual Instruction/Skill-Building Sessions, Yoga
- Our approach is hands-on and multisensory. We recognize that children have a natural curiosity and a predisposition to enjoy the unexpected. Children engage in active exploration and investigation to make sense of their world. We strive to fuel children’s investigative impulses and encourage discovery, promote questioning and challenging of ideas, and formulate connections of experience.
- We respect children’s multiple ways of demonstrating their intelligence. Children are encouraged to develop their individual strengths and each child’s unique contribution to their community is appreciated. Strengths are celebrated and valued while opportunities are created to provide exposure to, and enhancement of, other talents and skills. Children will be given the opportunity to express themselves through music, painting, drama, song, movement, and play.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kirkland Grades: NS-PK | 30 students
11404 Slater Avenue NE
Kirkland, WA 98033
(425)828-3583 0.2 NS-PK
- Kirkland Grades: K-6 | 20 students
11440 Ne 116th St
Kirkland, WA 98034
(425)821-0907 0.5 K-6
- Kirkland Grades: PK-4 | 87 students
12931 Ne 126th Place
Kirkland, WA 98034 0.7 PK-4
- Kirkland Grades: NS-K | 180 students
11611 Ne 140th Street
Kirkland, WA 98034
(425)821-2425 1.5 NS-K
Several private schools offer a whole academic year abroad. Still others offer a summer abroad.
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.