A Child's Journey School
- Our philosophy is based in our belief that children are competent individuals who can construct their own meaning of their experiences.
- The teacher’s role is not to provide all the correct answers.
- Rather, the teacher provides the occasion for discovery and learning.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||We welcome all children.|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||126 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit our website for our tuition rates.|
|Admissions Director||Christa Giblin-Niven|
|Admissions Associate||Hailey Landagora|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Creative Drama, Individual Instruction/Skill-Building Sessions, Yoga
- Our approach is hands-on and multisensory. We recognize that children have a natural curiosity and a predisposition to enjoy the unexpected. Children engage in active exploration and investigation to make sense of their world. We strive to fuel children’s investigative impulses and encourage discovery, promote questioning and challenging of ideas, and formulate connections of experience.
- We respect children’s multiple ways of demonstrating their intelligence. Children are encouraged to develop their individual strengths and each child’s unique contribution to their community is appreciated. Strengths are celebrated and valued while opportunities are created to provide exposure to, and enhancement of, other talents and skills. Children will be given the opportunity to express themselves through music, painting, drama, song, movement, and play.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kirkland Grades: NS-PK | 30 students
11404 Slater Ave NE
Kirkland, WA 98033
(425)828-3583 0.2 NS-PK
- Kirkland Grades: K-6 | 20 students
11440 Ne 116th St
Kirkland, WA 98034
(425)821-0907 0.5 K-6
- Kirkland Grades: PK-4 | 87 students
12931 Ne 126th Place
Kirkland, WA 98034 0.7 PK-4
- Kirkland Grades: NS-K | 180 students
11611 Ne 140th Street
Kirkland, WA 98034
(425)821-2425 1.5 NS-K
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.