Teaching is more than a job for our staff members at Totem Lake KinderCare.
Our passionate teachers work closely with our parents and each other to create an atmosphere dedicated to learning.
They are strive at providing a stimulating education for their students while providing support through early childhood milestones.
In order to continue providing up-to-date techniques in early childhood education, our teachers attend educator trainings throughout the year locally.
Additionally, our corporate offices host trainings on a bi-annual basis.
We believe the success of our students begins by investing in our teachers' success!.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Enrollment: 30 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Welcome to Totem Lake KinderCare! We look forward to welcoming you and your family to our center. Our center is a Nationally Accredited Center that is dedicated to nurturing and building a strong foundation for your child's lifelong learning.
Our research-based curriculum and classrooms have been specifically designed by early childhood education experts in order to help foster your child's social, emotional, cognitive and physical development. Throughout the day, students at Totem Lake work in groups and as individuals to problem-solve and build self-esteem.
Each family becomes a part of the experience while their child(ren) attends Totem Lake KinderCare. Our open door policy allows parents and guardians to become involved in classroom activities, such as plays and tea time. We host field days, festivals, and various other fun events, which brings everyone together and allows families to enjoy their child(ren)'s education firsthand.
- Totem Lake KinderCare is dedicated to the health and safety of all its children and staff. All of our teachers are CPR and First Aid certified. There is a key-pad entrance and fenced playgrounds to ensure only family and guardians have access to the center. Our Health and Safety Coordinator holds monthly meetings and trainings with all of the staff to ensure each team member has up-to-date safety standards certifications and knowledge. Monthly fire and disaster drills are conducted to prepare our center for any circumstance.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: American_sign_langugage, French, Hindi, Mandarin, Spanish
- Accreditations: NAC
- Enrollment: Min Age - 6 Weeks, Max Age - 6 YEARS
- Infant Programs (6 Weeks – 1 Year), Toddler Programs (1 – 2 Years), Discovery Preschool Programs (2 – 3 Years), Preschool Programs (3 – 4 Years), Prekindergarten Programs (4 – 5 Years), Private Kindergarten Programs (5–6 Years), Summer Programs (preschool, prekindergarten, and school-age)
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Totem Lake KinderCare?
The application deadline for Totem Lake KinderCare is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Totem Lake KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.