- The mission of the school is to assist the students it serves in meeting their individual goals.
- The administration and staff of Acacia Academy offer personalized and exceptional educational instruction of the highest quality to each student in the development of his/her intellectual and academic potential.
- Our instruction is geared to each student's specific learning styles.
- Our dedication and experience is evident through our programs proven to be successful, administered in an affirming environment that strengthens academic skills and enriches the life of each student.
- Student's leave our school with well developed educational skills and social skills, giving them the ability to confront the challenges of tomorrow.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
Other school association(s)
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
Children and Adults with Attention Deficit or Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Gifted, Learning Disabilites, Dyslexia, ADHD, Autism, Aspergers, Cognitively Delayed, ED|
|Total Students||101 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants and collard shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Kathryn Fouks|
- Teacher Statement: Motivation is important because it is the driving force to achieve personal success. Our role as teachers is to learn what motivate each student and then utilize that knowledge. We will continually use sincere praise and maintain high standards. Students will become engaged in their own learning evidenced in academic achievement.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Downers GroveGrades: 9-12 | 27 students
2318 Wisconsin Ave
Downers Grove, IL 60515
- ChicagoGrades: 2-12 | 87 students
800 W Buena Avenue
Chicago, IL 6061317.72-12
- WestchesterGrades: 9-12 | 597 students
10900 West Cermak Road
Westchester, IL 60154
- LisleGrades: K-12 | 59 students
2500 Cabot Dr
Lisle, IL 60532
- NilesGrades: 5-12 | 77 students
6935 W Touhy Ave
Niles, IL 60714
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.