Acorn Learning Center
- Acorn Learning Center was established in 1987, with a mission to provide quality preschool programs for children and their families by facilitating both academic and social growth.
- We believe that education is a process that starts from birth and that establishing an early foundation for learning is essential to a child 's success throughout their academic career.
- The curriculum and the environment in each classroom are set up to promote the wonder of discovery and learning for each child.
- Educationally qualified and experienced teachers provide a warm and challenging atmosphere where children are encouraged to explore and develop to their full potential.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||160 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Dawn Dillard|
- Acorn Learning Center believes in providing a developmentally appropriate curriculum based on the individual needs of a child. All learning experiences are interactive and child-centered. Curriculum goals are established for each classroom based on the developmental hallmarks of the age group.We incorporate into our curriculum a variety of experiences that will motivate and stimulate each child to become active, life-long learners. We hope to foster in children the sense of joy and wonder that is an essential part of early childhood years. We strive to provide a caring and nurturing environment in which all children can feel capable and loved.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Ramon Grades: NS-K
100 Gatekeeper Road
San Ramon, CA 94582
(925)560-9694 0.5 NS-K
- Dublin Grades: PK-8 | 300 students
11557 Shannon Ave
Dublin, CA 94568
(925)574-7425 3.3 PK-8
- Dublin Grades: PK-K | 114 students
5100 Brannigan St
Dublin, CA 94568 3.5 PK-K
- Dublin Grades: NS-6 | 108 students
6665 Amador Plaza Road
Dublin, CA 94568
(925)820-1343 3.6 NS-6
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.