Action Day | Primary Plus - Amber
- Action Day Primary Plus - Amber campus offers Preschool for children ages 2-5 and Elementary Education & Elementary Extended Day for children ages Jr. Kindergarten - 4th grade.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-4|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||380 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Our prices vary greatly dependent upon schedule: we offer 1/2 days, full days part time or full time. $12,800-$22,200|
|Admissions Director||Kathy McDermott|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Dance, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Exploration, Chess Club, Lego Builders, Mad Science
Arts and Music Programs:
Creative Cooking, Dance - Recreational & Competitive, Glee Club
- School History: In July, 1979, Primary Plus opened its doors for elementary school-age children at 3500 Amber Drive. Primary Plus is a preschool and elementary school with grades kindergarten through fourth. The school provides an educational setting that is staffed with warm, personally interested adults who give the students the message that learning is exciting and important. The teachers attempt to establish a learning environment that will allow the children to experience the maximum amount of success possible. Class sizes are small which allows for a great deal of teacher-student interaction.
- The Primary Plus program includes both academic day classes and extended day care. Physical education, Technology, and Science are part of the everyday elementary curriculum. A large variety of enrichment programs complete the outstanding student offerings. Students can enroll in dance, karate, music, art, science, chess, tennis, and a wide range of sports activities. There are team sports available in soccer, flag football, and baseball, for both girls and boys. Many of the students take part in the annual dance production at the San Jose Center for the Performing Arts.
- Drop off your children and relax, they're in good hands!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Grades: PK-8 | 191 students
1980 Hamilton Avenue
San Jose, CA 95125
(408)626-8008 2.3 PK-8
- San Jose Grades: K-8 | 627 students
2278 Booksin Ave
San Jose, CA 95125
(408)723-3598 3.5 K-8
- San Jose Grades: K-5 | 2735 students
1450 Leigh Ave
San Jose, CA 95125
(408)559-4400 2.4 K-5
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.