Action Day | Primary Plus - Amber
- Action Day Primary Plus - Amber campus offers Preschool for children ages 2-5 and Elementary Education & Elementary Extended Day for children ages Jr. Kindergarten - 4th grade.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-4|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||380 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Our prices vary greatly dependent upon schedule: we offer 1/2 days, full days part time or full time. $12,800-$22,200|
|Admissions Director||Kathy McDermott|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Dance, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Exploration, Chess Club, Lego Builders, Mad Science
Arts and Music Programs:
Creative Cooking, Dance - Recreational & Competitive, Glee Club
- School History: In July, 1979, Primary Plus opened its doors for elementary school-age children at 3500 Amber Drive. Primary Plus is a preschool and elementary school with grades kindergarten through fourth. The school provides an educational setting that is staffed with warm, personally interested adults who give the students the message that learning is exciting and important. The teachers attempt to establish a learning environment that will allow the children to experience the maximum amount of success possible. Class sizes are small which allows for a great deal of teacher-student interaction.
- The Primary Plus program includes both academic day classes and extended day care. Physical education, Technology, and Science are part of the everyday elementary curriculum. A large variety of enrichment programs complete the outstanding student offerings. Students can enroll in dance, karate, music, art, science, chess, tennis, and a wide range of sports activities. There are team sports available in soccer, flag football, and baseball, for both girls and boys. Many of the students take part in the annual dance production at the San Jose Center for the Performing Arts.
- Drop off your children and relax, they're in good hands!
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Grades: 6-8 | 527 students
3800 Blackford Avenue
San Jose, CA 95117
(408)248-2510 0.8 6-8
- San Jose Grades: 5-8 | 146 students
801 Hibiscus Lane
San Jose, CA 95117
(408)985-2138 0.9 5-8
- San Jose Grades: PK-12 | 2030 students
500 Saratoga Ave
San Jose, CA 95129
(408)249-2510 1.2 PK-12
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.