- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 444 students
- Average class size: 23 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 12 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Club or Organization:
A Stitch Of Mine, Chess King, Coding, Computer Science, Hands On Science, Homework Hub, KidLead leadership skills development, Lego Club, Math Olympiad, Robotics
Arts and Music Programs:
Adventures in Art, After School Glee Club, Dance Express, Fun With Drums, Glee Choir, Guitar For Fun, Hand Chimes, Heavenly Harps, Kids on Keyboards, Kids on Strings, Musical Theatre
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Golf, Junior Cheerleading, Little Warrior Athletics, Tennis
- Valley Christian Elementary School additionally benefits from all the award-winning programs throughout the upper and middle school campuses being integrated into special hands-on science learning, AMSE enrichment curriculum, and conservatory training, and Little Warrior sports opportunities for students in grades K-5 (please read below for more info on these programs). Daily Bible classes, weekly chapel services, and many community service events give students a loving environment in which to learn more about the Christian faith and to become excited about the eternal perspective Jesus Christ brings to their lives. A special Student Support program at all campuses is available for students with diagnosed learning challenges. Families are encouraged to learn more about Valley Christian Schools` remarkable programs and dynamic, loving faculty through www.vcs.net.
- At VCES, highly qualified faculty and staff foster a caring learning environment that is patient, encouraging, and tailored to the unique needs of each and every student. Teachers challenge students at their individual levels of learning through differentiated instruction, project-based learning, and the most up-to-date and effective digital learning tools. Our curriculum is designed to meet and exceed California state standards in the various academic disciplines. The core academic program includes Bible, reading, language, writing, math, science, and social studies. This curriculum is supplemented by our extensive offering of pull-out classes and after-school programs.
- Some Academic Spotlights. VCES participated in the Math Olympiad Competition for the second year in a row. This competition allows students in grades fourth through sixth to compete against others in their age group from schools around the world. The fourth-grade team learns problem-solving techniques and becomes acclimated to the types of competition problems, while the fifth-grade team`s practice builds upon the experience from the previous year. For the second straight year, the fifth-grade team received a National High Achievement Award for amassing a total score in the 20% of all teams worldwide. One of our very own VCES students was one of only 220 students out of 86,000 participants to earn the prestigious Dr. George Lenchner Medallion, awarded for a perfect score of 25 out of 25 questions correct for the entire competition. That places her in the top 0.25% of all students who participated.
- iPad Program: We believe in using the most effective digital learning tools. All teachers use iPads as an interactive instructional tool.
- Artistic Beauty. Artistic instruction is an integral part of the day-to-day school program. Each class meets with a music teacher for weekly general lessons, and by 4th grade, each student has the opportunity to take part in "The Wheel": 8-week rotations of brass, woodwinds, strings, and choir. By the 5th grade, students select an instrument for the entire year. The instrumental instruction is part of a pull-out program during the regular school day, and different musical groups perform several times a year at events throughout the community. Our students have the wonderful opportunity to enjoy the arts after school through the Kidservatory program. Music, art, theatre, and dance classes are taught by experienced Conservatory faculty from the high school, with exciting offerings such as Musical Theatre, Fun with Drums, Heavenly Harps, and Dance Express just a few of the many after school enrichment classes offered.
- Athletic Distinction. Little Warrior Nation is an exciting opportunity for our students to learn the basics of a wide variety of sports from some of the best coaches and high school athletes in the state of California. VCHS coaches and athletes travel to the elementary to share devotions, testimonies, and lessons on effort, teamwork, and sportsmanship. The "Inside Look" special event allows each Little Warrior the chance to sit on the bench with high school athletes at a game of their choice. Through the Little Warrior Nation, elementary students learn firsthand what it means to be a spirited Valley Christian Warrior.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Valley Christian Elementary School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Valley Christian Elementary School?
Endorse Valley Christian Elementary School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards