Agape Corner Boarding School
Agape Corner Boarding School Photo #2 - Boys and girls are in separate classes and dorms. Here, they are reviewing multinomial expressions (something like that).
Agape Corner Boarding School Photo #3 - The boy's choir performing at our annual thanksgiving celebration.
Agape Corner Boarding School Photo #4 - Our children love playing sports together with staff after school at the dorm.
- Agap¨¦ Corner is a Christian boarding school located in the heart of downtown Durham, North Carolina, that serves a diverse multi-ethnic student body.
- Founded initially in 1981 as a state-supported day care center, our ministry has since grown into an independent K-12 school,which accepts students ages 4-12 years old.
- Some students come to our school for a short period of time, while others stay for years.
- Our work is funded by the generosity of private donors so that we can offer housing and schooling at no cost to the families we serve.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||28 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Louise Roudebush|
- In our 24th year, Agape' Corner Boarding School provides at-risk children with a solid K-12 education within a Christian, family-like environment. Completely tuition and fee free. Our staff and volunteers are a diverse group of dedicated Christians, coming from a wide variety of denominations, races, ages, and countries. Our core values include unconditional love, submission to God, deep connections to others, perseverance in service, and thankfulness for God's provision. Located in Durham, NC, we are a non-profit, 501(C)3 organization.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Durham Grades: K-12 | 134 students
809 Proctor St
Durham, NC 27707
(919) 688-3040 2 K-12
- Durham Grades: K-5 | 47 students
7415 Fayetteville Rd
Durham, NC 27713
(919) 544-5652 7.9 K-5
I am actually not a parent of a child in this school but I would like to say that I have been acquainted with some of the children and one main teacher. I have to say that I was amazed at the warm nature of the male teacher and genuine fatherly instruction. One of the most godly men I think I''ve had the pleasure of meeting. The children were amazingly well behaved. The way he cares for those children and directs them in life is a gift from God. This school is a blessing from God and a true diamond in the rough.
- Posted by Parent - Ashle
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.