|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learnig Difficulties|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants/skirts, blue/white/polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 20 / Apr. 15|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,800|
|Admissions Director||Julie Fortune|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Sports||Track and FieldTrack and Field|
- Akiva provides an exceptional education in science, math, social studies, literature, language arts, Judaic studies, and Hebrew language built on rigorous standards, dedicated faculty, and a small student to teacher ratio. We also understand the importance of the arts, physical education, and community service in the growth and development of children. Our students are taught by specialists in their field and classroom teachers integrate these important subjects into classroom projects.As a community day school, our students come from all branches of Judaism and from families with a wide range of Jewish backgrounds and religious practices. We are a community that welcomes all.
- Choosing a school is an important decision, one that deserves time and consideration. The best way to get to know Akiva is to visit us. We invite you to meet our enthusiastic teachers, witness our dynamic classrooms, and immerse yourself in the life of our school - feel the joy of learning that our students experience every day.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Akiva, a STEAM certified elementary school, has been an amazing experience for our son who started Kindergarten in Fall 2019. He has thrived along with all the other students because there is such a strong sense of community, Jewish values and a zest for learning. You can see on the students’ faces they are inspired, empowered, fulfilled and proud. My goal is for my boys to leave Akiva confident, with a sense of self, knowledge, and ready to take on the next chapter with excitement and determination. If you learn more about the Akiva alumni, you will see that is how they all move on into the world - confident, prepared, industrious, creative and kind.
- Posted by Parent - Laura S
Akiva School is special in so many ways. The STEM focus has had my son coding and thinking with a curious and critical mind about science since Kindergarten. The art program, including after school offerings, has been a joy for him - he is given direction and then allowed to explore with a variety of themes and materials. The Hebrew immersion has been a challenge that I know will serve him well as his brain continues to grow and develop. I love that Akiva seeks out and implements the highest quality academic programs, but also that they give equal care and consideration to their approach to character development, spirituality and emotional support. The environment is small enough that everyone knows my child and he knows he is safe and loved wherever he goes in the school. But it's diverse enough that he has friends with all different backgrounds and traditions in their homes.
- Posted by Parent - Rachel H
Akiva School is the most incredible school! Our expectations are continually exceeded and the level of care and focus on each child's learning experience is truly unique. The Hebrew language learning will prove to be invaluable as our daughter navigates higher education and the world. She loves her experience and I highly recommend Akiva. When I am on campus, whether visiting for morning assembly, attending an evening school event, or simply dropping off or picking up my daughter in the car line, I can't help but feel the genuine care and love there for the children and an excitement for learning. The Head of School, the faculty, and the administrative staff are exceptional. This makes Akiva so special.
- Posted by Parent - Amy H.
Akiva is different in so many ways. It's not just a school, but an environment in which each child is nurtured and taught based on ALL of their needs. It's a place where creativity and laughter are encouraged and students have FUN while learning. Educators take the time to know each and every child and their learning style and help them learn based on the child. STEAM is incorporated into virtually every lesson plan, and students learn by doing. In addition, kindness, love and Jewish values are embedded in each child. Akiva not only teaches academics and Judaic, but they grow children into future leaders and caring adults. Sending Our children to Akiva have been one of the best decisions we've made for our family.
- Posted by Parent - Jessica C B
Akiva is an incredible school. The academics are top notch in every subject. My child's confidence has grown dramatically since first entering the school. It's a very supportive environment with peers. Art, music and sports are all part of the daily curriculum and can be offered after school as well. The parents are incredibly supportive of one another.
- Posted by Parent - Amy G
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.