St. Henry Elementary School
5.00 (1 review)
- Saint Henry School is a Catholic elementary school in the Diocese of Nashville located in West Meade, a suburb in West Nashville, between Belle Meade and Bellevue.
- Saint Henry School (SHS) provides academic excellence to 700 children from pre-kindergarten through the eighth grade.
- Saint Henry School is staffed by the Dominican Sisters of the Saint Cecilia Congregation of Nashville and numerous lay teachers.
- Saint Henry School is a Catholic parochial elementary school. Its philosophy is derived from the application of fundamental Catholic teaching.
- The aim and content of our educational program considers not only the child's mind and body but also, and most importantly, his/her immortal soul.
- To form true and honest Catholic Christians who will live in this world in such a way as to enter the happiness of heaven is surely the aim of Catholic parents who have the first and greatest responsibility for the education of their children.
- Saint Henry School is committed to supporting this fundamental task of parents through a school program aimed at providing spiritual, educational, social and physical opportunities for students to grow and explore their gifts, talents and responsibilities of service to the wider community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||699 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Children of Mary, Drama, Forensics|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Nashville Grades: PK-8 | 258 students
3105 Belmont Blvd
Nashville, TN 37212
(615)292-9465 5.4 PK-8
St. Henry School is a wonderful place in so many ways. My daughter transferred in middle school and we were all nervous at how that would go. We immediately felt embraced by the community of parents, students and teachers. The classes are leveled and perfectly challenging; the teachers are loving, the Dominican sisters are a presence I wish we had enjoyed earlier in my children's life. They have Promethean boards in the classrooms and seem to always be looking for ways to advance the educational experience of the students. And, when we were forced to go remote for the end of 8th grade due to the COVID19 pandemic, the move was as if they had planned it for months. Learning continues, challenging and engaging as always. Then, they went above and beyond to make this graduating class feel celebrated. One of the first school parades in the city of Nashville. I think they may have started the trend! We love SHS!
- Posted by Parent - Parent of 2020 grad
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.