Abintra Montessori School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Located on 10 wooded acres in West Nashville, Abintra is an independent, nonsectarian Montessori school serving children ages 3 through 14.
- Abintra is an inclusive, humanitarian community where natural curiosity drives learning.
- All classrooms integrate Spanish language instruction and the arts into the academic curriculum, offering individualized learning plans that promote curiosity, interests, and skills.
- Abintra's outdoor learning environment includes hiking trails, beehives, flower and vegetable gardens, an archery range, and a stone labyrinth.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||All learning styles welcome|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||138 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Visit abintra.org for tuition information.|
|% on Financial Aid|
- Experienced, credentialed faculty foster students' independence, self-discipline, critical thinking, and respect for self and community.
- All classrooms serve children of multiple ages to enhance socilization, allow children to teach and learn from each other, and provide community and family spirit in the classroom.
- Upper School students enjoy unique opportunities for off-campus instruction.
- Abintra develops confident, self-motivated learners who creatively meet the challenges of life.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Nashville Grades: PK-K | 72 students
3404 Belmont Blvd
Nashville, TN 37215
(615)298-5647 5.4 PK-K
- Nashville Grades: 5-12 | 698 students
3801 Hobbs Road
Nashville, TN 37215
(615)297-9543 3.4 5-12
Abintra provides an excellent educational experience that is balanced with community building, relationship building, music, the arts, language and nature. The children are empowered to be inquisitive, thoughtful and creative. They are supported in creating connection and working independently. In the Upper School, students learn to make weekly work plans, and to pursue their specific interests while also ensuring practice across all academic areas. There is ample time for kids to be outside at recess, to spend time at the school farm, and to connect with nature in the course of their regular schoolday. When challenges have arisen, we've generally been pleased with how they've been addressed. Highly recommend.
- Posted by Parent - Jennifer
This school is the perfect school for our children. My oldest is a high spirited boy who has always struggle to sit still; Montessori education has been the ideal solution to his need to investigate, play and experiment. Our daughter is also inquisitive and loves being outside, she too loves being at Abintra. If you want to foster thoughtful independence Abintra Montessori should be at the top of your list for your child's education. We initially enrolled as Early Childhood/Preschool and planned to transfer at kindergarten, but after learning more about Montessori education as compared to traditional schooling our plans have changed to continue through Middle School.
- Posted by Parent - tulli
What curricula do private schools follow? Who accredits private schools? What kind of standards prevail? More here.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.