Abintra Montessori School
Located on 10 wooded acres in West Nashville, Abintra is an independent, nonsectarian Montessori school serving children ages 3 through 14.
Abintra is an inclusive, humanitarian community where natural curiosity drives learning.
All classrooms integrate Spanish language instruction and the arts into the academic curriculum, offering individualized learning plans that promote curiosity, interests, and skills.
Abintra's outdoor learning environment includes hiking trails, beehives, flower and vegetable gardens, an archery range, and a stone labyrinth.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
All learning styles welcome
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Visit abintra.org for tuition information.
% on Financial Aid
- Experienced, credentialed faculty foster students' independence, self-discipline, critical thinking, and respect for self and community.
- All classrooms serve children of multiple ages to enhance socilization, allow children to teach and learn from each other, and provide community and family spirit in the classroom.
- Upper School students enjoy unique opportunities for off-campus instruction.
- Abintra develops confident, self-motivated learners who creatively meet the challenges of life.
Profile last updated: 01/26/2021
Abintra provides an excellent educational experience that is balanced with community building, relationship building, music, the arts, language and nature. The children are empowered to be inquisitive, thoughtful and creative. They are supported in creating connection and working independently. In the Upper School, students learn to make weekly work plans, and to pursue their specific interests while also ensuring practice across all academic areas. There is ample time for kids to be outside at recess, to spend time at the school farm, and to connect with nature in the course of their regular schoolday. When challenges have arisen, we've generally been pleased with how they've been addressed. Highly recommend.
This school is the perfect school for our children. My oldest is a high spirited boy who has always struggle to sit still; Montessori education has been the ideal solution to his need to investigate, play and experiment. Our daughter is also inquisitive and loves being outside, she too loves being at Abintra. If you want to foster thoughtful independence Abintra Montessori should be at the top of your list for your child's education. We initially enrolled as Early Childhood/Preschool and planned to transfer at kindergarten, but after learning more about Montessori education as compared to traditional schooling our plans have changed to continue through Middle School.
Endorse Abintra Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.