Akron Montessori School
- Akron Montessori School is a private school offering a comprehensive academic program based on the Montessori method for children ages 1 to 14 years.
- AMS is the only Montessori school in the Akron area that offers a complete infant-toddler, primary, elementary, and middle school curriculum.
- We also offer Spanish and French language lessons, piano and guitar classes, and computer education as part of our program.
- Our aim is to help each child experience the joy and excitement of learning.
- We recognize and respect the uniqueness of each child and provide an environment to promote the development of selfconfidence and independence.
- We believe that almost every child has the ability to learn to read in his or her formative years and we provide the environment and guidance for achieving this ability.
- We want to help every child to work independently-to explore, discover and experience the joy of learning so that each child can realize his or her full potential.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||79 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Akron Grades: 6-12 | 13 students
3603 Carper Ave
Akron, OH 44312
(330) 628-8482 14.2 6-12
- Akron Grades: K-8 | 618 students
645 Moorfield Rd
Akron, OH 44333
(330) 867-8720 1.9 K-8
- Akron Grades: NS-K | 34 students
105 Springside Drive
Akron, OH 44333
(330) 665-3035 0.6 NS-K
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.