- Alcuin School provides a small, safe and supportive environment for ages 2 1/2 to 5, focusing on creating a secure and happy first experience at school, while preparing children for success in kindergarten.
- The small, homelike environment and multi-year experience bonds children, parents and staff. Open enrollment for preschool, prekindergarten, kindergarten and summer camp programs.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language, learning and other disabilities|
|Total Students||12 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit our web site for information on tuition.|
|Admissions Director||Christine Williams|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Dance classes, gym activities.|
- Four Reasons to Choose Alcuin School
- A sense of community. Alcuin School provides a small, safe and supportive environment in order to meet the special emotional, social, cognitive and physical needs of young children. Close communication between parents and school, multi-year attendance and small school size help bond children, parents and school.
- Individual attention to emotional and social development: A mixed-age group and explicit instruction in social skills provides maximum opportunities for developing social skills, while the small class size allows the teacher to provide the emotional support and individualized attention needed by young children.
- A focus on optimal learning opportunities: A fully trained and experienced teacher implements a broad curriculum including science, social studies, art, drama, dance, music, math, oral language, literacy and literary appreciation, taking advantage of both structured and play activities. The Alcuin School prekindergarten program offers exceptional preparation for kindergarten.
- Parent involvement: Daily Facebook news, photos, videos and parent conferences keep you up-to-date on your child`s activities and progress and explain the what, how and why of the children's education. Meaningful parent involvement offers parents the opportunity to observe and participate in the children`s activities, go on field trips and lead activities at school that reflect family interests and heritage.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- SeattleGrades: PK-8 | 260 students
101 W Lee St
Seattle, WA 98119
- SeattleGrades: K-8 | 356 students
2619 4th Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109
- SeattleGrades: K-4 | 40 students
557 Roy St # 110
Seattle, WA 98109
- SeattleGrades: PK-8 | 216 students
600 Nw Bright St
Seattle, WA 98107
- SeattleGrades: PK-5 | 246 students
2227 10th Avenue E
Seattle, WA 98102