Tel: (206) 286-0771
Alcuin School provides a small, safe and supportive environment for ages 2 1/2 to 5, focusing on creating a secure and happy first experience at school, while preparing children for success in kindergarten.
The small, homelike environment and multi-year experience bonds children, parents and staff. Open enrollment for preschool, prekindergarten, kindergarten and summer camp programs.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language, learning and other disabilities|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||13 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit our web site for information on tuition.|
|Admissions Director||Christine Williams|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Dance classes, gym activities.|
- Four Reasons to Choose Alcuin School
- A sense of community. Alcuin School provides a small, safe and supportive environment in order to meet the special emotional, social, cognitive and physical needs of young children. Close communication between parents and school, multi-year attendance and small school size help bond children, parents and school.
- Individual attention to emotional and social development: A mixed-age group and explicit instruction in social skills provides maximum opportunities for developing social skills, while the small class size allows the teacher to provide the emotional support and individualized attention needed by young children.
- A focus on optimal learning opportunities: A fully trained and experienced teacher implements a broad curriculum including science, social studies, art, drama, dance, music, math, oral language, literacy and literary appreciation, taking advantage of both structured and play activities. The Alcuin School prekindergarten program offers exceptional preparation for kindergarten.
- Parent involvement: Daily Facebook news, photos, videos and parent conferences keep you up-to-date on your child`s activities and progress and explain the what, how and why of the children's education. Meaningful parent involvement offers parents the opportunity to observe and participate in the children`s activities, go on field trips and lead activities at school that reflect family interests and heritage.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: NS-5 | 246 students
2227 10th Avenue E
Seattle, WA 98102
(206) 442-6855 1.8 NS-5
- Seattle Grades: NS-K | 21 students
13742 30th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98125
(206) 363-5212 6.9 NS-K
- Seattle Grades: PK-K | 12 students
13305 1st Avenue Ne
Seattle, WA 98125
(206) 363-7122 6.1 PK-K
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.