- Alexander-Smith Academy was founded in 1968. Dedicated to the philosophy of individualized, educational instruction, ASA challenges students and enables them to realize their innate potential.
- Alexander-Smith Academy's mission is to offer a college-preparatory high school education in a relaxed, safe and comfortable environment.
- Students, teachers and advisors achieve an optimum learning atmosphere by working together.
- Treating students as young adults fosters graduates who are equipped to lead productive lives in a complex, pluralistic society.
- ASA's primary goal is to create an environment in which each student can aquire the knowledge necessary to develop intellectual maturity.
- A structured curriculum, which includes Honors and Advanced Placement course levels, is fundamental in achieving this goal, as are the unique five to seven students per class and daily tutorials.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Individualized Educational Plan created for each student with proper documentation.|
|Total Students||70 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Number of AP Courses||20 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra I (H), Algebra II (H), AP Calculus AB, AP Language and Composition, AP Literature and Composition, AP US Government and Politics, AP US History, Biology I (H), Biology II (H), Chemistry (H), Economics (H), English I (Pre-AP), English II (Pre-AP), Geometry (H), Physics (H), Pre Calculus (H), Spanish I, II, III, IV (H)|
|Average SAT score||1290|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for the 2017-18 school year is $29,500to be remitted in three payments of $9,833.00. : at the time of registration and October 1st and February 1st.|
|Admissions Director||Pamela Rameau - Dean of Students|
|Admissions Associate||Margaret De La Garza-Principal|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Book Club, Intramural Basketball Team, Mentoring Minds, National Honor Society, Ping Pong Tournaments, Spanish National Honor Society, Spirit Club, Student Council, Volunteer Service Club, Yearbook Book Club, Spirit Club, Yearbook, Intramural Basketball Team,
National Honor Society,
Ping Pong Tournaments,
Spanish National Honor Society,
Volunteer Service Club,
- We require each student, interested in attending ASA, to schedule an appointment to visit our school with his or her parents. For this appointment the student should bring the most current report card, all transcripts and test scores. Students may be required to take a math and/or writing test to ensure proper placement.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HoustonGrades: PK-12 | 152 students
13726 Cutten Rd
Houston, TX 77069
HoustonGrades: PK-12 | 1750 students
13077 Westella Dr
Houston, TX 77077
HoustonGrades: 6-12 | 61 students
3500 South Gessner Road
Houston, TX 77063
HoustonGrades: K-12 | 2221 students
2401 Claremont Ln
Houston, TX 77019
HoustonGrades: PK-12 | 1206 students
7455 Awty School Ln
Houston, TX 77055
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?