Ascension Episcopal School
5.00 (1 review)
- Ascension Episcopal School (AES), a coed parish day school, founded in 1972, serves children three months through Pre-K4.
- Ascension Episcopal School is a diverse community committed to guiding each child toward academic excellence while promoting Christian values and cultivating their God-given talents.
- Our school seeks to train and develop each of its students in the spiritual, intellectual, physical, social and emotional areas of the personality to an optimum level appropriate for the child's age and abilities.
- AES provides an atmosphere in which understanding, tolerance, self-esteem and confidence are instilled.
- Children at Ascension Episcopal are able to experience, first hand, global diversity and its value in a safe, Christian environment.
- AES provides an engaging curriculum in combination with Project-Based learning to bolster strong academic and interpersonal skills.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||We offer KidVenture summer programs|
|Total Students||174 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,314|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is monthly 1248 for K to 5 and 1087 for PreK|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Nancy Clausey|
|Admissions Associate||Nina Polk|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, SoccerBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Cooking, Dance, Kid Fit Athlettics, Tae Kwon Do
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Piano Lessons
- At Ascension Episcopal School our is the education of your child. Small classes, individualized teaching, challenging curriculum, spiritual guidance, and nurturing environment all contribute to the excellent education for your child. The preparation for elementary school places importance on a solid academic foundation, self-confidence and a love for learning. We know that for each student to be prepared for the next step on the educational journey, it is important for children to have time for childhood, where attitude and skills are formed. Our school gives your child that time.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: K-5 | 64 students
1315 S Dairy Ashford St
Houston, TX 77077
(281)493-3700 3.3 K-5
- Houston Grades: NS-8 | 155 students
10570 Westpark Drive
Houston, TX 77042
(713)458-4756 1.2 NS-8
I love being here! Ascension Episcopal School is indeed a Christian community of talented and dedicated teachers who are passionate about helping kids. It is obvious when you walk into the classrooms, not only are the teachers qualified, they work with students to guide, teach and help them reach their academic goals. With a challenging curriculum, small class sizes and qualified teachers, each child is able to learn and understand while balancing academics with other after school programs like different activities and sports among others. I will absolutely recommend AES to any parent.
- Posted by Administrator - Vicki
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.