5.00 (2 reviews)
Almondale Academy Photo #3 - Front view of the "Little House" - social activities, cooking, dance, art, indoor P.E.
Almondale Academy Photo #4 - Field Trip studying some of California's vernal pools - 100,000 year old habitat.
- Our mission & philosophy is to provide a nurturing, yet dynamic environment where educators purposefully engage with learners in direct experience and focused reflection in order to increase knowledge, develop skills, clarify values, and grow into a confident, self reliant individual. We also believe in allowing children to be children, assisting and guiding them in their self-directed endeavors.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||23 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,750|
|Tuition Notes||The tuition we offer is pro-rated. Extended care is $120 month.|
|Admissions Director||Nola Bardin|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Art, Dance, Music, Voice
- Almondale is an innovative Community School situated on 5 acres of serene countryside in Orangevale, CA. Our mission & philosophy is to provide a dynamic environment where educators engage with learners in direct experience and focused reflection. We draw on the best practices of leading research to help expand knowledge, develop the essential skills to navigate an ever-changing world, and contribute in a meaningful way to one`s environment.
- Almondale`s experiential approach includes: project-based education, outdoor and environmental learning, regular off-campus expeditions, and service learning in multi-age classrooms. Faculty and students work in active collaboration to nurture and hone the intellectual, physical, social, and moral capacities.
- Virtues, ethics, and genuine respect for each individual are the foundation stones at Almondale. Positive Discipline is utilized in assisting students to work and play harmoniously together. These virtues are integrated into the curriculum along with weekly classmeetings and community service.
- We invite you to come experience our productive and nurturing atmosphere. Prospective students are welcome to attend a full day of classes for free so that they may get a true feel for our campus. Please call 916-988-8611 to arrange a visit.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sacramento Grades: PK-12 | 461 students
6990 65th St
Sacramento, CA 95823
(916)391-3333 16.3 PK-12
- Sacramento Grades: 1-12 | 81 students
4911 47th Ave
Sacramento, CA 95824
(916)393-3633 16.1 1-12
I love this school! This is the best place for quality education in Sacramento, or Citrus Heights, Fair Oaks, Orangevale area!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - smile
Great school for every age! I really like their kindergarten and primary level classes. One of the best private schools in Sacramento
- Posted by Student/Alumni - smile
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.