Sacramento Waldorf School
5.00 (1 review)
- SWS is ranked as one of the area`s top Private High Schools for 2017 by the Business Journal.
- 100% College acceptance rate. 72 % of our students accepted into the UC System.
- We exceed the UC System A to G requirements.
- Four years required Math, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Four years required Humanities.
- Four years required Music, Visual Arts and Performing Arts.
- 50% of our student entered STEM in college in 2016.
- Mean SAT scores 1,973 for 2017. Highest Critical Reasoning (633) SAT scores in the region in 2017. 12-20 students average class size in High School.
|School Type||Waldorf School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$325|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Summer Program is for students in Kindergarten through 7th grade. Please see details on our website: https://sacwaldorf.org/community/summer-program/|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||411 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||31 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Honors foreign language|
|Average SAT score||1330|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,200|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition changes by grade. See https://sacwaldorf.org/admissions/tuition/ for details.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Cindi Bradshaw|
|Admissions Associate||Terri Stewart|
|Endowment Size||$1 million|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Mountain Biking, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Mountain Biking,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Coding Club, GSA (Gay-Straight Alliance), Japanese Culture Club, Literary Journal, Science Olympiad, Speech & Debate (National Forensics League), Student Council, Waste and Vice Elimination Squad (WAVES), Yearbook
- Learning takes place in both the classroom and throughout our 22-acre campus and teaching farm.
- Hands on experiencial learning.
- Required core subjects include math, science, language arts, history, geography, music, Spanish, German, Woodshop, Hand crafts, PE and movement and speech, and gardening.
- Yearly class plays out of the curriculum.
- Regular class trips, music recitals and assemblies.
- All students from grade 4 onwards play a musical instrument.
- After school sports begins in sixth grade.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fair Oaks Grades: K-12 | 140 students
7736 Sunset Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
(916)962-3247 1.4 K-12
- Folsom Grades: PK-8 | 330 students
309 Montrose Drive
Folsom, CA 95630
(916)985-4129 7.8 PK-8
- Fair Oaks Grades: K-8 | 281 students
4745 Pennsylvania Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
(916)967-2814 1.4 K-8
Hi, I am a Malaysian, and will be working in California in middle of this year. I would like to send my son to study in California for year 12. We would like to know based on the past years, how many students have been successfully enrolled into UC ? Thanks.
- Posted by Parent - sy.ch
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.