AltSchool Yerba Buena
- AltSchool is a place where creativity and exploration come together with rigor, purpose, and structure.
- At AltSchool, we are cultivating the next generation of lifelong learners who possess the knowledge, strength of character, creativity, and drive to impact the modern world.
- Our educators put students at the center of their own learning by equipping them with the knowledge, skills, and awareness to advocate for themselves. As agents of their own learning, AltSchool students are creating the change they want to see in the dynamic environments around them.
- Students learn and are assessed on non-academic life skills with the same level of rigor as core academic knowledge.
- We are accepting applications for transitional kindergarten through 8th grade for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Please submit an application by January 11, 2018 to receive an admissions decision by March 15, 2018.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 11|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$27,600|
|Tuition Notes||2017-18 annual tuition for lower school is $27,050 and middle school is $27,600.|
|Admissions Director||Jillian Williams|
Our small, community-based campus supports the development of deeply enriching relationships between students, educators, and families. We explore the following areas:
- Personalized Project-Based Learning: Educators use a proven cycle of learning that aligns with how children learn best.
- Multi-Age Programs: Two-year age bands replace traditional grades; our programs challenge and support students at their individual level of knowledge and skills.
- Learning Beyond School Walls: Small, community-based campuses blur traditional boundaries between school and community. Exploring the community and bringing experts into our schools grounds learning in real-world experiences.
- A Whole-Child Approach: A deep learner profile for each student that goes beyond grades and test scores, incorporating knowledge, skills, and habits-and evolves with your child.
- A Bigger Purpose: Students and parents contribute to co-creating a platform that not only powers our schools but also aims to improve education for all children.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: 5-9 | 82 students
175 Golden Gate Ave
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415)552-5220 0.7 5-9
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 284 students
659 Pine St
San Francisco, CA 94108
(415)421-0069 0.7 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: PK-8 | 337 students
250 10th Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
(415)202-0770 0.9 PK-8
- San Francisco Grades: 9-12 | 30 students
169 Steuart St
San Francisco, CA 94105
(415)615-1337 0.9 9-12
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 273 students
1275 Sacramento Street
San Francisco, CA 94108
(415)771-6600 1 K-8
June 20, 2018
You would think it would be easier to get your child into an elementary or primary school than into a prep school. But in fact it is almost as complicated.
June 07, 2018
If you have the chance to move overseas, don't worry about educating your children. You have several options.
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.