AltSchool Yerba Buena
AltSchool is a place where creativity and exploration come together with rigor, purpose, and structure.
At AltSchool, we are cultivating the next generation of lifelong learners who possess the knowledge, strength of character, creativity, and drive to impact the modern world.
Our educators put students at the center of their own learning by equipping them with the knowledge, skills, and awareness to advocate for themselves. As agents of their own learning, AltSchool students are creating the change they want to see in the dynamic environments around them.
Students learn and are assessed on non-academic life skills with the same level of rigor as core academic knowledge.
We are accepting applications for transitional kindergarten through 8th grade for the 2019-2020 school year (limited spaces still available for 2018-2019).
Please submit an application by January 15, 2019 to receive an admissions decision by March 21, 2019.
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Students: 91 students
- Yearly Tuition: $28,000
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15 / rolling
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Jan. 15 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
2018-19 annual tuition for lower school is $28,000 and middle school is $28,600.
Our small, community-based campus supports the development of deeply enriching relationships between students, educators, and families. We explore the following areas:
- Personalized Project-Based Learning: Educators use a proven cycle of learning that aligns with how children learn best.
- Multi-Age Programs: Two-year age bands replace traditional grades; our programs challenge and support students at their individual level of knowledge and skills.
- Learning Beyond School Walls: Small, community-based campuses blur traditional boundaries between school and community. Exploring the community and bringing experts into our schools grounds learning in real-world experiences.
- A Whole-Child Approach: A deep learner profile for each student that goes beyond grades and test scores, incorporating knowledge, skills, and habits-and evolves with your child.
- A Bigger Purpose: Students and parents contribute to co-creating a platform that not only powers our schools but also aims to improve education for all children.
Finding a school that is the right fit for ALL your kids in San Francisco is a HUGE task but if you are lucky and strike gold, then it can turn into the biggest blessing ever! We love the Guidepost Community! I am sure my kids' teachers are giving my kids the best they have and my kids love their teachers! Thank you, Emily and Kristen for making this such a vibrant, loving school!
We are having an amazing experience at this school. My daughter started kindegarten this year and loves her teacher and her classmates. The school is very welcoming to new families. I am amazed at how fast she is learning.
Endorse AltSchool Yerba Buena. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Identifying Your School's Brand
Creating a brand identity for your school is an essential part of your marketing strategy. We walk you through the process.
7 Reasons Why Private School May Be The Right Choice
Private schools come in a wide variety of educational approaches. We show you how to refine your school search.
June 01, 2021What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.