American Academy of Boca Delray
5.00 (3 reviews)
- At American Academy, we believe that students with learning differences in Kindergarten through grade 12 can benefit greatly from a well-rounded program that promotes development of social, academic, and executive skills as well as collaboration, creativity, communication, and critical thinking.
- Small class sizes are staffed by experienced teaching professionals who create a nurturing and supportive classroom environment and enable students to experience success by accomplishing personalized academic tasks. At American Academy, we provide positive learning experiences for each student with an indoor/outdoor learning environment on a beautiful school campus.
- As a child's skills and knowledge base grows, we work collaboratively to encourage creativity, critical thinking, and independent learning.
- We are unique among schools, in that we offer a complete program that nourishes the whole student through leading educational research on curriculum, technology, and brain-based learning.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
Association of Independent Schools of Florida
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Processing Disorders, Executive Function Disorders, Receptive /Expressive Language Disorders/ADHD/Dysgraphia|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$1,000|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Tuition varies based on grade level and number of sessions.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||257 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||28 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Students wear school uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$35,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies based on grade level.|
|Admissions Director||Harold Bailey|
|Admissions Associate||Daniela Oliveira|
|Total Sports Offered||21 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Figure Skating, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Equestrian, Figure Skating,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Winter Track,
- The American Academy educates advanced students with mild learning differences in Kindergarten through Grade 12. Our progressive curriculum fosters creativity, critical thinking, leadership, and executive functioning. Our college preparatory culture is prevalent as we cater to each student`s abilities and set high expectations for all students. All of our graduates are accepted to a 4-year college or university.Our staff of expertly trained and highly experienced educators is completely dedicated to the success of each and every one of our students. Our program carefully monitors student growth. Each child`s plan is customized to meet his or her unique needs. It is important to us that our students gain confidence through success and truly realize the joy of learning.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
My daughter is in 10th grade and takes a few Academy classes and a few Heritage classes. I am grateful that the school took the time to create a schedule that helps my daughter improve on her weaknesses, but still shine in her stronger areas! Their no cut policy in sports has allowed her to be on the cheerleading squad every year and it has really been a huge boost to her self-esteem! The teachers and administration are very supportive.
- Posted by Parent - Academy Parent
American Heritage American Academy is a fantastic program for learners that have mild learning differences. Teachers educate using various types of learning styles to reach each learner. The class sizes are small, and each learner gets their individual needs met. Students are surrounded by a positive, engaging atmosphere on campus.
- Posted by Teacher - Mrs. Michelle Schiffman
I have been an educator at American Academy of Boca Delray for over six years. During my tenure at American Academy I have been blessed to teach grades 7-12 in a variety of English/Language Arts classes. My students have varying strengths and skills as well as mild to moderate learning differences. A variety of core courses as well as multiple electives ranging from classes such as: Semantics and Logic, Contemporary Literature, Marine Biology, Photography, Drawing and Painting, Guitar, Weight Lifting, Journalism, TV Production, Drama, Robotics, Pre-Med, and Pre-Law programs, etc. are offered to our students. The opportunities for our students to grow academically, socially and civically are in abundance. Our school motto is Knowledge, Integrity, and Compassion and I am proud that the faculty, staff, and students demonstrate and encourage these traits daily. In addition to being a teacher, I am also a parent and my three sons attend elementary school on campus. American Heritage School and American Academy are safe, nurturing environments where every interaction with faculty, staff and administration is filled with the desire for the students to become leaders in society, capable of overcoming adversities and meeting great success.
- Posted by Teacher - Mrs. Burton
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.