American Heritage School
5.00 (9 reviews)
American Heritage School introduces the Medical Professions Program for students who wish to prepare for a career as a physician, physical therapist, dentist, chiropractor, veterinarian or any of the other career opportunities available in medicine.From ninth through twelfth grades, students follow a course of study designed to equip them for college with science courses unique to a high school
American Heritage School is pleased to offer students the Honors Legal Studies Program. This program challenges ninth through twelfth grade students who have an interest in the law and encourages students to consider the legal field as a potential profession. The program is taught at the honors level and exposes students to unique and challenging courses not usually offered in
American Heritage School introduces the Honors Engineering Program for students who wish to prepare for a career in one of the many fields of engineering. From ninth through twelfth grades, students follow a course of study designed to equip them for college with engineering, math, science and computer courses unique to a high school program. While satisfying requirements in all
- American Heritage School is a nationally recognized college preparatory school with a strong commitment to academic excellence. All students in grades PK3 through 12 uphold the highest standards of knowledge, integrity, and compassion as they receive a rigorous and well-rounded education with superior programs in academics, the arts, and athletics.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Total Students||2800 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||350 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||28 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||American Government, American History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Chinese Language, Comparative Government, Computer Science, English Language & Composition, English Literature & Composition, Environmental Science, European HIstory, French Language, Human Geography, Macroeconomics, Music Theory, Physics 1, Physics 2, Physics C: Electricity & Magnetism, Physics C: Mechanics, Psychology, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, Studio 2D Art, Studio Drawing, World HIstory,|
|Average SAT score||1320|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,851|
|Admissions Director||Marc Shaw|
|Admissions Associate||Lori Lombardi|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
The students at American Heritage School are uniquely prepared to be leaders of the 21st Century who embody knowledge, integrity and compassion. Each year, students attend prestigious competitions and earn exceptional awards. Here are some of the recent achievements of our students:
- #1 high school in Florida with the highest number of National Merit Scholars
- Ranked 9th out of 22,000 high schools in the nation
- $83 million in college scholarships offered to the Class of 2017
- 92% passing rate on all Advanced Placement exams (52% passing rate in the state of Florida; 60% passing rate globally); AP average test score: 4
- #1 private school in the U.S. in national Math Competitions and #1 high school in Florida
- #1 school in Florida at state science fair competition
- Qualifiers at the 2017 Robotics World Championship
- #1 private school in the U.S. in Model United Nations
- #1 Mock Trial team in Florida; #6 Mock Trial team in the U.S.
- Top 1% in the nation in Speech & Debate competition
- 2 winners of Miami Herald`s prestigious Silver Knight Award for academics and community service
- 2 Emmy Awards for WAHS News from the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Suncoast Chapter - News Story and Public Service Announcement
- First place for the Patriot Post newspaper, Expressions literary art magazine, and Spotlight yearbook from the National Scholastic Press Association, the American Scholastic Press Association, and the Florida Scholastic Press Association
- 5 Critics` Choice Awards at District and 1 Critics' Choice at State Thespian Festivals
- Featured Choir at the National Youth Choir at Carnegie Hall in New York, NY
- 2 national art award winners from the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards
- FHSAA 2015-16 State Titles: Boys Swimming, Girls Soccer, Softball, Boys Track & Field
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort LauderdaleGrades: 9-12 | 2194 students
2801 Sw 12th St
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
- Fort LauderdaleGrades: PK-12 | 2436 students
1501 Ne 62nd St
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334
- Fort LauderdaleGrades: PK-12
3375 SW 75 Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314
- Fort LauderdaleGrades: NS-12 | 896 students
5601 N Federal Highway
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
- Coral SpringsGrades: PK-12 | 863 students
2251 Riverside Dr
Coral Springs, FL 33065
I have been a Heritage parent for 20 years. My older daughter started there when she was in Kindergarten with the most wonderful Mrs. Lister and my younger daughter started in PK-3 with the bubbly Mrs. Evans. At American Heritage, kids can do as much or as little as they want though the former is more common. The opportunities are myriad and the no cut policy for anything you want to try your hand on is friendly. The academics, sports, fine arts and the family spirit aside, the Heritage community has shaped my daughters into articulate, intelligent, accomplished, empathetic and kind young women. As they embark on the next chapter of their lives, I am grateful for the choice I made to send them here.
- Posted by Parent - Jaya
Sending my children to American Heritage and American Academy for the past 12 years (both started in pre-k) was the best decision I ever made. In lower school, they had the opportunity to take weekly p.e., art, music, computer, library, and language classes. In middle school, they learned to apply critical thinking skills with projects like Natonal History Day, research paper, and persuasive speaking. My son is now in high school, and he has blossomed as a student thanks to the wonderful education he had gotten along the way. My daughter was drawn to the theater AND broadcasting programs, and has been a member of several award winning project. Clearly, I cannot say enough wonderful things about American Heritage and American Academy!
- Posted by Parent - Mary A.
My three children are graduates of AHS. They began in fifth grade, fourth grade, and kindergarten. Throughout their years at AHS they were able to take advantage of superior education, excellent extra curricular activities in athletics, fine arts and clubs. This school offers opportunities for students in every area. In the words of my youngest son, this school offered an " intellectually engaging environment, support in every area...academically, in sports, and extra curricular activities. It was a good backbone for pursuing your college dreams and it is instrumental to the development of the individual". Socially, they created life long friendships and their years at AHS helped them attain admission to excellent universities and, for my oldest son, a highly ranked law school. I am thankful they had the opportunity to attend AHS.
- Posted by Parent - DDD
For my three VERY different children, American Heritage has provided the perfect combination of interesting classes, sports (including bowling!), and extracurricular activities to keep them motivated, challenged, engaged, and HAPPY. From the fine engineering program which prepared my eldest son for college to the speech and debate program for my future lawyer, I have been heartily pleased with the dedication of the talented staff and effervescence of the other students. This is a place to work, to engage, and to find one's passion. Love it!
- Posted by Parent - Deidra
I currently have 3 children attending American Heritage, all at the elementary level. We have been extremely pleased with the academic programs offered to challenge our children. Our children all have different interests, but all have found a passion to pursue. They can be found after school participating in robotics, AIMS math, swimming, tennis, or art. We look forward to watching our children excel at American Heritage for many years to come.
- Posted by Parent - Shannon
This is our 5th year at American Heritage and we believe that the education that our children receive at AH is unparalleled. American Heritage enriches our children's academics through their commitment to each area of study. AH exposes their students to a curriculum that goes beyond any textbook.
- Posted by Parent - Elizabeth
Our two boys have been attending American Heritage for 8 years since they were in Kindergarten and First Grade, and we couldn't be happier with their growth and maturity. They have learned good study habits and research skills through the rigorous curriculum, and they each discovered talents they might not have realized they have thanks to all of the electives and the programs in the fine arts. Their teachers were all incredible. They are the driving force for who our boys are today.
- Posted by Parent - Stephanie
Both of my children have attended American Heritage School -- my youngest since Kindergarten (currently in her Junior Year.) My eldest graduated from the Academy in 2014.I couldn't be happier with the level of professionalism and caring that all of my kids teachers have provided for them. My son found his passion in computers while attending there. The amount of programs available for all students is amazing.The friendly confines of American Heritage School is the perfect place for any child.
- Posted by Parent - Carol
I would love to get more information on your school my son is only in middle school right now but I would like to enroll him in your school. I know your school has a great concept about teaching you students to excell and my son needs to be in a envoriment like that.
- Posted by Parent - Patri
October 29, 2017
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
October 24, 2017
There are a lot of misconceptions about private schools. This is probably because private schools are indeed private.
October 24, 2017
When making an important decision that will impact the lives of your children, you need to have all the facts in place. We compiled a list of the most important factors to consider when choosing a final private school for your child.