American Montessori Burnsville
American Montessori Pre-K and Kindergarten program is designed for children 3 to 6 years.
We offer the pre-k and kindergarten program to students who wish to continue the Montessori schooling through kindergarten.
Our mission is to help children become confident, happy, calm, purposeful, free, independent, Stimulate the physical, emotional, intellectual and social growth of the total child.
We provide a warm, accepting environment in which each child feels secure, respected, loved.
We encourage the child to become self-directed and challenged and develop creativity and a positive self-image.We are an elite private Montessori school that embraces American heritage and cultural diversity, currently 90 students call American Montessori their school and have over 300 Alumni students.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-3
- Students: 55 students
- Average class size: 7 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 22%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
(Dress Appropriately )
(Dress Appropriately )
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Prices vary on enrollment, please email to find out costs at email@example.com
Listed below are some examples of the lessons that are taught:
- Math / Numbers with quantities up to 1000, decimal system, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division with 1, 2, 3 digits
- Reading, phonetic reading, building words and sentences
- Sounds, letters, letterbox, Phonetic words, flash cards, reading books
- Grammar, punctuation, sentence structure
- Story building and creative writing
- Writing upper and lower case letters of the alphabet and numbers 1 - 1000
- Spelling, word lists, word building
- Spanish alphabet, colors, numbers, shapes, animals, conversational Spanish
- Science human body, animal and plant classifications, etc.
- Geography countries, land formations, continents, oceans, states, flags
- People around the world, habitats and holiday celebrations
- Reading time and counting money
- Art painting, collage, drawing, printing, molding, etc.
- Sign Language - basic signing, alphabet, numbers and songs
- Music and Dance
- Large Muscle Activities
- Field Trips - Monthly Indoor and Outdoor Field Trips
I have sent both of my kids to the American Montessori and both kids have had wonderful experiences. All the teaching staff are attentive, caring and kind. My children have been enrolled from babies, through their excellent kindergarten program. I highly recommend the American Montessori.
My son is able to read and do simple maths. He also developed great cognitive skills which lead him to do very well in NNAT test. These all are possible because of American Montessori.
To all the teachers at American Montessori,Thank you so much for teaching, training, caring for my daughters. American Montessori was the first line of education for the rest of their lives and they will forever benefit from all that you have done for them. They loved coming to your school. One of my daughters had a hard time adjusting to preschool but you made it so easy and comfortable for her. Now she loves going to Kindergarten. All of the staff was great but special thanks to MS.Kelly for helping my daughter get through pre-Kindergarten. MS.Zuleka was an excellent teacher. You have all given my daughters such a great start in life. Thank you for giving my daughters a great start for successful life. Ratha
American Montessori was a great experience for us, our children learned so much from Miss Sandy and Miss Zulekha. They were definitely grade levels ahead when they went to public school. It is great to see a school that cares so much for the children and provides them with so many opportunities to succeed. Definitely recommend this school to anyone looking to give their children tools for success.
This is a wonderful school to send your children to. They do a great job of preparing your child for the next steps in life. My daughter was reading at 2nd grade level when she was in the kindergarten program here.
Endorse American Montessori Burnsville. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Bullying has gone electronic. It's called cyberbullying and it is rampant.
Should You Send Your Child to Private Primary or High School?
If you had to choose when to send your child to private school, would you send her to private school for the primary grades or high school?
SAT test prep takes time to do properly. We explore some of your options here.