American Montessori Burnsville
5.00 (4 reviews)
- American Montessori Pre-K and Kindergarten program is designed for children 3 to 6 years.
- We offer the pre-k and kindergarten program to students who wish to continue the Montessori schooling through kindergarten.
- Our mission is to help children become confident, happy, calm, purposeful, free, independent, Stimulate the physical, emotional, intellectual and social growth of the total child.
- We provide a warm, accepting environment in which each child feels secure, respected, loved.
- We encourage the child to become self-directed and challenged and develop creativity and a positive self-image.We are an elite private Montessori school that embraces American heritage and cultural diversity, currently 90 students call American Montessori their school and have over 300 Alumni students.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-3|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||55 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Dress Appropriately )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Prices vary on enrollment, please email to find out costs at firstname.lastname@example.org|
Listed below are some examples of the lessons that are taught:
- Math / Numbers with quantities up to 1000, decimal system, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division with 1, 2, 3 digits
- Reading, phonetic reading, building words and sentences
- Sounds, letters, letterbox, Phonetic words, flash cards, reading books
- Grammar, punctuation, sentence structure
- Story building and creative writing
- Writing upper and lower case letters of the alphabet and numbers 1 - 1000
- Spelling, word lists, word building
- Spanish alphabet, colors, numbers, shapes, animals, conversational Spanish
- Science human body, animal and plant classifications, etc.
- Geography countries, land formations, continents, oceans, states, flags
- People around the world, habitats and holiday celebrations
- Reading time and counting money
- Art painting, collage, drawing, printing, molding, etc.
- Sign Language - basic signing, alphabet, numbers and songs
- Music and Dance
- Large Muscle Activities
- Field Trips - Monthly Indoor and Outdoor Field Trips
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Savage Grades: PK-8 | 502 students
12508 Lynn Ave
Savage, MN 55378
(952)890-6604 1.3 PK-8
- Savage Grades: K | 4 students
7459 S Park Dr
Savage, MN 55378 2.6 K
- Savage Grades: NS-PK
14014 Highway 13 South
Savage, MN 55378
(952)440-2677 2.7 NS-PK
- Burnsville Grades: PK-10 | 65 students
15304 County Road 5
Burnsville, MN 55306
(952)898-2727 2.7 PK-10
My son is able to read and do simple maths. He also developed great cognitive skills which lead him to do very well in NNAT test. These all are possible because of American Montessori.
- Posted by Parent - Bharat
To all the teachers at American Montessori,Thank you so much for teaching, training, caring for my daughters. American Montessori was the first line of education for the rest of their lives and they will forever benefit from all that you have done for them. They loved coming to your school. One of my daughters had a hard time adjusting to preschool but you made it so easy and comfortable for her. Now she loves going to Kindergarten. All of the staff was great but special thanks to MS.Kelly for helping my daughter get through pre-Kindergarten. MS.Zuleka was an excellent teacher. You have all given my daughters such a great start in life. Thank you for giving my daughters a great start for successful life. Ratha
- Posted by Parent - Ratha
American Montessori was a great experience for us, our children learned so much from Miss Sandy and Miss Zulekha. They were definitely grade levels ahead when they went to public school. It is great to see a school that cares so much for the children and provides them with so many opportunities to succeed. Definitely recommend this school to anyone looking to give their children tools for success.
- Posted by Parent - johns
This is a wonderful school to send your children to. They do a great job of preparing your child for the next steps in life. My daughter was reading at 2nd grade level when she was in the kindergarten program here.
- Posted by Parent - jodi.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.