Antioch Christian Academy
- At Antioch Christian Academy, our mission is to remove financial, educational, health and social barriers in minority communities, and create opportunities through economic development, neighborhood revitalization, increased educational opportunities, elderly services, and job training in collaboration with public and private organizations.
Antioch Christian Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||34 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Navy pants and white polo with emblem)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- History: Antioch Christian Academy is a private school serving grades PK through 6th grades. The school has been in existence since 1996 and belongs to Antioch Missionary Baptist Church.Our facilities are located within the campus of the church and include classrooms, playground and a gymnasium. The outside playground is designed with age-appropriate equipment. The full-size gymnasium is the setting for a variety of indoor activities as well as a rainy-day alternative to outdoor play.
- Curriculum: Our facility offers a complete age-appropriate curriculum for children pre-kindergarten through 6th grade. Our teachers use ABEKA curriculum along with supplemental materials. The purpose of this curriculum is to provide a framework on which teachers can build that allows children to grow and develop as Jesus did - "in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and Man" (Luke 2:52). A child's growth and development is viewed as a process, not an event. Development begins when the child is conceived and continues throughout life; therefore, this curriculum provides a range of activities designed to meet the needs of children. The core curriculum emphasizes traditional spelling, strong phonics-based language arts, geography, math, science and Christian Education. Other activities which embrace physical, mental, social, emotional, and spiritual development are used as well since they are as equally important as academics. ACA students consistently perform at high levels of achievement on the Standard Achievement Test (SAT). We also have enriching activities such as computer, art, choir and Latin/ Greek.
- Registration InformationRegistration information and prices quoted here are subject to correction or change by the Antioch Christian Academy Office without notice. To enroll you must fill out our registration form and pay applicable fees.Registration and other fees are due when you register and are non-refundable. Make your check payable to ACA (Antioch Christian Academy). If changes need to be made, we will notify you.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Antonio Grades: K | 18 students
2006 Martin Luther King Dr
San Antonio, TX 78203
(210)533-0651 1 K
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.