5.00 (1 review)
Arbor Montessori Photo #2 - Arbor Montessori's main campus location on Lavista Road, which serves ages 2.5 years to 14 years.
Arbor Montessori Photo #3 - Arbor Montessori's second campus location on Scott Boulevard, which serves ages 18 months to 6 years.
- In 1970, a group of teachers met around a kitchen table to discuss what an ideal Montessori program in Atlanta would look like. Almost 50 years later, Arbor Montessori School continues to serve the Atlanta area.
- Our students become lifelong learners, creative problem-solvers, collaborators, and global citizens who want to make a difference in the world. Today, Arbor is one of the largest Montessori schools in the Southeast, yet in Arbor`s community, children receive individualized attention from understanding, knowledgeable, experienced faculty.
- Arbor serves children ages 18 months to 8th grade with developmentally-appropriate environments and curricula at each stage. Our founders` vision has become a reality.
- Go here, then go anywhere. For more information and to schedule your personalized school tour, visit arbormontessori.org or call 404-321-9304.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||250 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Liticia Weissinger|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, Ultimate FrisbeeBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Digital Photography, Drama, Drawing, Film Making, Improv Comedy
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- "Arbor provides an authentic Montessori education," Luci David, an Arbor parent said, "The teachers are kind, patient, and passionate; the classrooms and play areas are beautiful and safe. Most importantly, my child is flourishing and is excited to go to school every day."
- The flagship campus sits on a 4-acre wooded lot offering students opportunities to engage inside and outside. In addition to an outstanding academic program, Arbor offers art, music, Spanish, before and after-school care, a strong athletics program, extracurriculars, and a close-knit community.
- Our second campus offers a conveniently-located, smaller community of toddler and 3-6-year-old primary classes. Children benefit from intentionally-designed materials and experienced teachers. Arbor`s teachers offer lessons promoting meaningful work, encouraging children to be the optimal version of themselves.
- Arbor is one of only two Montessori schools in Georgia that are accredited by Association Montessori Internationale (AMI), SACS and SAIS.
- An Arbor Montessori education cultivates concentration, motivation, self-discipline, and love of learning in every child. Specially designed sensorial materials, multi-age classrooms, and teachers are specifically trained to put the child in touch with exactly what he or she needs at that very moment to learn.
- In addition to an outstanding academic curriculum, Arbor offers art; music; spanish; a before and after-school program; clubs and teams; and a close-knit community of families.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Grades: NS-8 | 371 students
2426 Clairmont Road Ne
Atlanta, GA 30329
(678)302-1302 1.4 NS-8
- Decatur Grades: PK-8 | 197 students
3021 N Decatur Rd
Decatur, GA 30033
(404)634-5777 2.4 PK-8
- Atlanta Grades: NS-9
1970 Cliff Valley Way Ne
Atlanta, GA 30329
(404)325-6777 2.4 NS-9
- Decatur Grades: NS-PK | 63 students
1429 Church Street
Decatur, GA 30030
(404)370-0620 2.5 NS-PK
It is easy to get wrapped up in the frenzy of standardized testing, volumes of homework and frequent quizzes as the indicator of whether a school is preparing your child properly. No one wants to get "left behind." Arbor kids "stand out" because they understand the underlying concepts and not the repetition (can you even remember the topics of the quiz your kid crammed for two weeks ago). Instead of giving a child a fish, it teaches them how to. It is a tortured use of an analogy but apt. And, they excel when they do test . . .
- Posted by Parent - right
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.