Montessori School At Emory
Tel: (404) 634-5777
Montessori School At Emory Photo #2 - We do not limit our children with worksheets, rather we follow them and their interest allowing them to use their creativity to develop real life problems and scenarios to accompany the concepts. They are learning through practical life experience and developing skills for them to think and act independently.
Montessori School At Emory Photo #3 - Our children use concrete materials to master the academic concepts to meet the Georgia Standards and beyond. Schedule a tour and discover why an authentic Montessori education from Montessori School at Emory is the right education for your child.
Montessori School At Emory Photo #4 - We follow the children and their divine interest. They are able to work in areas of which they are truly passionate while still developing the essential skills in the areas they may not favor. They are allowed to move at their own pace to achieve mastery and they look to each other within the community for assistance and guidance.
Montessori School At Emory Photo #5 - We follow the children and their divine interest. They are able to work in areas of which they are truly passionate while continuing to thrive in the areas that may be less interesting. They work at their own pace until they reach mastery of the concepts.
- Montessori classrooms provide a prepared environment where children are free to respond to their natural curiosity and desire to learn.
- The children's inherent love of learning is encouraged by giving them opportunities to engage in spontaneous meaningful activities under the guidance of a trained AMI teacher and assistant.
- Through their work, the children develop concentration, motivation, persistence, and discipline.
- Within the framework of order, the children progress at their own pace and rhythm, according to their individual capabilities, during the crucial years of development.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||197 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,245|
|Tuition Notes||This is an average tuition amount.|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||art, cooking, music, physical education, spanish language|
Arts and Music Programs:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Decatur Grades: NS-PK | 63 students
1429 Church Street
Decatur, GA 30030
(404) 370-0620 1.1 NS-PK
- Atlanta Grades: NS-8 | 371 students
2426 Clairmont Road Ne
Atlanta, GA 30329
(678) 302-1302 3.2 NS-8
- Decatur Grades: PK-8 | 139 students
2560 Tilson Rd
Decatur, GA 30032
(404) 241-3063 4.7 PK-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?