Atlanta Youth Academy
- Atlanta Youth Academies (AYA) provide quality education on par with top independent schools.
- There is one big difference, however. AYA is designed for urban children and youth whose families believe in the importance of education but who do not have access, either financially or geographically, to excellent private schools.
- Atlanta Youth Academies offer a quality, Christ-centered education to inner-city students.
- The school enrolls students from PreK-8th grade. AYA is currently located in the Thomasville/Norwood Manor neighborhood.
- A second AYA Campus for K-3 exists at the Andrew and Walter Young YMCA on Campbellton Road, SW. Class size is limited to 12 students, attending an 11-month school year.
- The AYA approach is to show faith in action through Christian values woven into and modeled in all activities.
- We believe that teaching students about Christ can best be done through real-life behavior.
- By graduation, AYA students are stable and focused beyond their years.
- They are ready for the demands of high school, from advanced academic work to personal tests of character that challenge all young people on the road to adulthood.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||112 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Grades: PK-8 | 531 students
1320 Hearst Drive, NE
Atlanta, GA 30319
(404)364-1902 13.3 PK-8
- Atlanta Grades: NS-6 | 684 students
4301 Northside Pkwy NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
(404)231-8100 12.7 NS-6