Our Lady Of The Assumption Catholic School
Tel: (404) 364-1902
Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic school is located in Brookhaven, GA and is part of the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
Our curriculum standards follow the Archdiocese standards, and OLA Catholic School is a 2011 recipient of the National Blue Ribbon School Award.
Our Lady of the Assumption School seeks to create a nurturing environment grounded in the Catholic faith, which provides for the spiritual and academic development of each child.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)
National Middle School Association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2011, 2019|
|Total Students||521 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform required all grades except Pre-K)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Many offered through the Extended Care Program
- In order to be considered for admission to OLA Catholic school, each applicant must have a completed applicaiton on file with the Admissions Office by January 31, 2015. The Admissions office also requires a copy of the applicant's birth certificate, current immunization schedule, teacher recommendations (Pre-K - 7th) and transcripts(1st - 7th) from their previous school. In addition, an application fee of $150 will be required with the application and can be paid online. After the application has been processed, the applicant will be scheduled for their mandatory screening appointment.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Grades: NS-8 | 656 students
3110-A Ashford Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30319
(404) 237-4260 0.4 NS-8
- Atlanta Grades: PK-8 | 122 students
2120 Forrest Park Rd Se
Atlanta, GA 30315
(404) 924-2699 13.3 PK-8
- Atlanta Grades: NS-12 | 787 students
215 Chastain Park Ave
Atlanta, GA 30342
(404) 252-8389 3.7 NS-12
- Atlanta Grades: K-8 | 502 students
2855 Briarcliff Rd Ne
Atlanta, GA 30329
(404) 636-4488 3.6 K-8
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.