Our Lady Of The Assumption Catholic School
OLA Students strive to be Active Catholic Christians Who: * Maintain a loving relationship with god, others, and self. * Attain knowledge of the Catholic Church by learning its history, doctrine, sacraments, and rituals. * Participate fully in the Eucharist. * Develop the ability to make moral decisions. * Demonstrate the Gospel message of love and service by living responsibly,
Active learners who: * Develop their talents to the fullest. * Meet the diocesan academic standards. * Are enthusiastic, self-directed, reflective, life-long learners. * Are critical thinkers and problem-solvers. * Communicate effectively in writing, speaking, and listening. * Utilize technology competently and responsibly.
OLA Students strive to be Self-Aware individuals who: * Respect life. * Make Healthy life choices. * Demonstrate an attitude of fair play and cooperation. * Develop a deeper appreciation of art, music, and literature.
MISSION STATEMENT The faith community of Our Lady of the Assumption School strives to guide children to knowledge of Catholic teachings, to foster academic excellence through a rigorous standards-based curriculum, to provide an atmosphere of community, and to develop in each child a lifelong commitment to service. Our mission is to set patterns of thought and behavior that bring forth truly Christian responses to life situations and an awareness of his or her responsibility to God, to others, and to oneself.
Our Lady of the Assumption (OLA) Preschool & TK - The faith community of OLA Catholic School strives to guide children to knowledge of God's story and the Christian faith, to foster learning through play, to provide an atmosphere of community, and to develop in each child an attitude of service to others. OLA Preschool focuses on the total development of the child within a faith-filled community of believers.
- The faith community of Our Lady of the Assumption School is based on Catholic teachings as expressed through the message of the Gospel of Jesus.
- Each student is a unique creation of God. Students, in partnership with parents, teachers, staff, and the parish community, strive to grow and develop spiritually, morally, intellectually, personally, socially, physically, and culturally.
- Parents are recognized as the primary educators of their children and teachers as the facilitators of learning.
- The faith community of Our Lady of the Assumption School strives to guide children to knowledge of Catholic doctrine, to foster academic excellence through a rigorous standards-based curriculum, to provide an atmosphere of community, and to develop in each child an attitude of service to others.
- Our mission is to set patterns of thought and behavior that bring forth truly Christian responses to life situations and an awareness of his/her responsibility to God, to others, and to oneself.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||326 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||36 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Uniform for k-8th)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Jane Ricci|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Schoolwide Learning ExpectationsGuided by our school`s mission and philosophy, our faculty and staff work to ensure that our students grow both spiritually and intellectually. Our curriculum built upon a foundation of Catholic values, challenges our students, sets them up for success, and lays the groundwork for the college-prep classes. Throughout their time with us, our students learn to be productive, responsible, and caring citizens of our world.We guide our students, day in and day out, to achieve our Schoolwide Learning Expectations. Schoolwide learning Expectations are defined as what a student should know, understand and be able to do prior to graduation. These learning expectations have been collaboratively developed by our students, parents, teachers, staff and School Advisory Board, reflecting the Mission and Philosophy Statements of Our Lady of the Assumption School.K-3Download SLE for Grade K-3OLA students strive to be:Active Catholic Christians who:Love God, others, and selfLearn about their Catholic faithParticipate at MassLearn right from wrongAre kind to othersActive learners who:Use their talents the best they canMaster the standardsEnjoy learningBecome problem-solversEffectively write, speak, and listenUse technology effectively and responsiblyResponsible and respectful citizens who:Respect differences in othersAre peacemakersShow patriotismSelf-aware individuals who:Respect all living thingsWork to be healthyPlay fair and work well with othersAppreciate art, music, and literatureGrades 4-8Download SLE for Grade 4-8OLA students strive to be:Active Catholic Christians who:Maintain a loving relationship with God, others, and selfAttain knowledge of Catholic teachingsParticipate fully in the EucharistMake moral decisions consistent with the Catholic FaithDemonstrate the Gospel message of love and serviceActive Learners who:Develop their talents to the fullestMaster the academic standardsAre enthusiastic, self-directed, reflective, life-long learnersAre critical thinkers and problem-solversEffectively write, speak, and listenUtilize technology effectively and responsiblyResponsible and respectful citizens who:Recognize all individuals as God`s creationAre peacemakers and show empathy for othersDemonstrate patriotismSelf-aware individuals who:Respect lifeMake healthy life choicesDemonstrate an attitude of fair play and cooperationAppreciate art, music, and literature
Profile last updated: 02/01/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
3045 Garfield Avenue
Carmichael, CA 95608
Fair OaksGrades: KG-12 | 132 students
7736 Sunset Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
CarmichaelGrades: PK-12 | 262 students
5601 Winding Way
Carmichael, CA 95608
SacramentoGrades: PK-12 | 495 students
2636 Latham Drive
Sacramento, CA 95864
SacramentoGrades: PK-12 | 1137 students
8324 Bradshaw Road
Sacramento, CA 95829
Nearby Homes for Sale
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017