Immaculate Heart Of Mary School
Tel: (404) 636-4488
- As a diverse, Catholic Christian community, IHM School models Gospel values while striving to achieve excellence, in order to develop positive, productive, Christian members of society.
- IHM believes that each child is an individual of great worth, blessed with God given gifts and talents; all children can learn; education is a life long process which begins at home, is fostered at school, and continues through life; the total development of each child includes spiritual, social, intellectual, physical, and emotional growth; teachers, administrators and support staff should create a safe and nurturing educational environment that challenges each child to achieve his/her potential; children should be educated in a caring Christian community; and schools should promote the love of God and one another through service to the school and community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
State or regional independent school association
Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2009, 2019|
|Total Students||502 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||28 students|
|Number of AP Courses||1 course|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Middle school boys wear ties on Mass days)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Admissions Director||Maria Demos|
- As a parish ministry, Immaculate Heart of Mary School achieves academic excellence in a Christ-centered, caring environment which encourages self-worth, self-discipline, and acceptance of the dignity of the individual. Excellence in Catholic schools has three major components: religious values integrated into the curriculum, high quality academic education, and a structured atmosphere. The curricular emphasis of the academic program is to prepare students for successful experience in competitive high school and college preparatory programs. Within this definition, Immaculate Heart of Mary School has a long tradition as a school of excellence, measured by parental satisfaction and by the accomplishments our graduates.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Grades: PK-8 | 521 students
1320 Hearst Drive, NE
Atlanta, GA 30319
(404) 364-1902 3.6 PK-8
- Atlanta Grades: PK-8 | 122 students
2120 Forrest Park Rd Se
Atlanta, GA 30315
(404) 924-2699 9.9 PK-8
- Atlanta Grades: NS-8 | 371 students
2426 Clairmont Road Ne
Atlanta, GA 30329
(678) 302-1302 0.8 NS-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.