- Atlantis Academy provides a safe and nurturing environment to enhance our students’ academic, social and emotional growth, and to foster a sense of self-worth and self-confidence.
- It is an accredited school which provides a program for children with reading or learning differences.
- The school emphasizes the importance of close parent/teacher/student relationships, the goal of which is to form a close working relationship between the whole family and the school.
- Through open communication between parents, faculty, and the administration, parents regularly participate in developing and forming the best method to achieve the student’s individual goals as well as the goals of the school.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||LD, ADD, ADHD, Dyslexia, ASD, PDD,|
|Total Students||176 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants and Navy Blue Polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Patricia Giner|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, SoftballBasketball, Flag Football,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: K-6
6405 NW 36 St. suite 104
Miami, FL 33166
(786)293-7000 10.5 K-6
- Miami Grades: PK-12 | 252 students
12515 Sw 72nd St
Miami, FL 33183
(305)596-3787 2.9 PK-12
- Miami Grades: NS | 63 students
3939 Main Hwy
Miami, FL 33133
(305)445-7992 8 NS
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.