5.00 (4 reviews)
- Atlantis Academy, founded in 1976 in Miami, is now serving students in Coral Springs.
- Atlantis Academy, open to students from K through 12th grade, offers personalized learning strategies based upon each student's academic level and emphasizes core subjects such as reading, language arts, and math to students with learning difficulties.
- In 2017 Atlantis Academy opened its L.I.F.E. Program. This services young adults ages 18 and older.
Atlantis Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
Children and Adults with Attention Deficit or Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Aspergers, Autism, Dyslexia, Learning differences, ADHD, Learning Difficulties|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$165|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Summer recreational and L.I.F.E program(16 and older) is $165.00 per week. Summer Academics is $215.00 per Week.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||142 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform shirt, Khaki, Black or navy pants/shorts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,700|
|Tuition Notes||McKay Scholarship, Gardiner Scholarship, H.O.P.E. Scholarship accepted toward tuition.|
|Admissions Director||Donna Bussiere|
|Admissions Associate||Teresa Marrero|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Aftercare Program, Computer club, Cooking Club, Fandom Club, Gaming Clubb, Photography club, Social Skills, Student Council Council, Woodworking Working Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
basketball, Special Olympics, Track and Field
- Low student to teacher ratio
- Experienced, caring and nurturing staff
- Staff fosters self-confidence and self-esteem
- Ascend Math Gold Medal School
- We offer a daily after-school program, summer camp and summer school
- We accept the McKay scholarship, Gardiner-A.A.A. Scholarship Foundation, H.O.P.E. Scholarship Phone: email@example.com
- We have professional liaisons with numerous psychologists, speech and occupational therapists that work with our students on campus
- Chancelight Autism Services- ABA and Clinic Serives within the school building
- Multimedia classes offered
- AdvancEd/SACS accredited
- Special Olympics
- After School Clubs, Tutoring, Social Skill Groups
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Coral Springs Grades: NS-12
1750 N. University Blvd., Suite 105
Coral Springs, FL 33071
(954)376-3911 3.7 NS-12
- Fort Lauderdale Grades: 1-12 | 21 students
5850 S Pine Island Rd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328
(954)434-2980 17.6 1-12
- Coral Springs Grades: 9-12 | 187 students
648 Riverside Drive
Coral Springs, FL 33071
(954)680-8309 4.9 9-12
With the small class sizes and awesome teachers and administration I was able to graduate and be accepted to several colleges. I chose a small Northwest college in Florida. Atlantis Academy changed my life!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - JK
This school saved my daughter. They are caring, nurturing and at the same time they hold our children accountable with their academics. The small class sizes and professional teachers blend a wonderful academic setting. The administration has an open door policy and they go above and beyond their daily duties. Choose Atlantis Academy Coral Springs you won`t be disappointed!
- Posted by Parent - MAndrews
We have seen our child blossom at AA. We are working on ensuring that he continues to be pushed beyond his dreams. The staff members are caring and eager to help the children learn. A few turnovers, but it seems that has occurred to ensure the school maintains staff members who care are compassionate and passionate. It has been a positive experience for us as a family.
- Posted by Parent - kstro
Saved my son. Simply a great school that is wonderful for kids with or without special needs.
- Posted by Parent - wmald
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.