- Atlas School honors and embraces students' unique minds, spirits, and voices.
- Empowered communication and respect for student's passions and abilities ease them into rich social and emotional relationships and experiences.
- Self-identity, growth and joyful engagement join with academic learning and choice-driven community integration to aid students in pursuit of their own life goals and happiness.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- The Atlas School is a non-profit, non-public school serving children and young adults aged 7-21 years diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders. A truly individualized full-day educational program is developed for each student. The program uses a multi-strategic approach, data analysis as well as evidence-based and cutting-edge interventions and techniques. Core to every student's program is their social-emotional development and deepening of communication skills. The school's curriculum, the Atlas Map, addresses the whole child in a comprehensive manner and involves working with students across all areas of development. We place a heavy emphasis and top priority on communication as it is integral to every other portion of a student's life and is the cornerstone to lifelong social learning. With an effective means of communication, our students can engage in a limitless number of interactions where they will learn about the world, other people and themselves.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-12 | 72 students
180 Amsterdam Ave., 3rd floor
New York, NY 10023
(646)795-3850 2 K-12
- New York Grades: K-12 | 398 students
301 E 29th St
New York, NY 10016
(212)722-0610 1 K-12
If you have been teaching for a few years, chances are that you will need to consider rebranding yourself.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.