- Avon Old Farms School is a dynamic community of learning which challenges boys to stretch themselves and to explore untapped potential in their journey to manhood.
- Mentored by a dedicated, talented faculty who offer successful models for our students to emulate, Avonians develop the self-confidence to cope with the anxieties of adolescence and to forge the critical foundations of adult identity.
- Avon Old Farms School strives to be the best school for boys by cultivating young men of integrity who honor wisdom, justice, service, and the pursuit of truth.
- We promote intellectual, creative, and emotional growth in our students by providing a structured, supportive learning environment that encourages self-discovery and social responsibility.
- Avon offers a thorough, straightforward, and structured program to students diverse in their academic abilities.
- In their efforts to succeed, all students are at once challenged and supported by faculty members who are consistently available to students for extra help outside the classroom.
- Avon believes that this approach, designed to nurture self-confidence and a healthy sense of self-worth, is excellent preparation for the demands and rigors of college.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||406 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||54 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Stony BrookGrades: 7-12 | 370 students
1 Chapman Parkway
Stony Brook, NY 11790
PrincetonGrades: 6-12 | 630 students
176 Edgerstoune Road
Princeton, NJ 08540
New MilfordGrades: 9-12 | 350 students
New Milford, CT 06776