Avon Old Farms School
- Avon Old Farms School is a dynamic community of learning which challenges boys to stretch themselves and to explore untapped potential in their journey to manhood.
- Mentored by a dedicated, talented faculty who offer successful models for our students to emulate, Avonians develop the self-confidence to cope with the anxieties of adolescence and to forge the critical foundations of adult identity.
- Avon Old Farms School strives to be the best school for boys by cultivating young men of integrity who honor wisdom, justice, service, and the pursuit of truth.
- We promote intellectual, creative, and emotional growth in our students by providing a structured, supportive learning environment that encourages self-discovery and social responsibility.
- Avon offers a thorough, straightforward, and structured program to students diverse in their academic abilities.
- In their efforts to succeed, all students are at once challenged and supported by faculty members who are consistently available to students for extra help outside the classroom.
- Avon believes that this approach, designed to nurture self-confidence and a healthy sense of self-worth, is excellent preparation for the demands and rigors of college.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||415 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||61 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Admissions Director||Patrick Miller|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Riflery, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Windsor Grades: 9-12 | 650 students
4 Batchelder Road
Windsor, CT 06095
(860)687-6400 11 9-12
- Worcester Grades: 6-12 | 609 students
81 Providence Street
Worcester, MA 01604
(508)459-5440 62.8 6-12
- New Milford Grades: 9-12 | 328 students
New Milford, CT 06776
(860)210-3800 32.6 9-12
- Washington Grades: 9-12 | 310 students
99 Green Hill Rd
Washington, CT 06793
(860)868-7334 26.6 9-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.