Bay Montessori School
- Bay Montessori School is an American Montessori Society affiliated school committed to academic excellence and nurturing the spirit.
- The mission of Bay Montessori School is to provide a safe, stimulating, challenging environment in which our children may peak their curiosity and overcome developmental hurdles in the exploration of themselves and our world.
- Montessori is a philosophy with the fundamental tenet that a child learns best within a social environment which supports each individual's unique development.
- The primary goal of Bay Montessori School is to help each child reach full potential in all areas of his or her life.
- The Montessori approach is not just a method; it is a response to life.
- Bay Montessori School provides an environment that is enriched with materials that meet the developmental needs of the child.
- Each specifically designed classroom is scaled to the size of the child and will allow the child to learn at his or her own pace.
- The child will participate in the development of social skills, emotional growth, and physical coordination.
- The task of the Directress is to prepare the environment, guide the child to it and assist in the unfolding of the child's being.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||87 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- California Grades: NS-2 | 105 students
23443 Cottonwood Pkwy
California, MD 20619
(301)863-7740 7.1 NS-2
- California Grades: PK-K | 46 students
22840 Three Notch Rd
California, MD 20619
(301)863-2345 4.8 PK-K
- Fort Washington Grades: PK-6 | 46 students
8600 Loughran Rd
Fort Washington, MD 20744
(301)567-0330 48 PK-6