- Creative Beginnings opened its doors in 1982 with the goal of providing high quality childcare to St. Mary's County.
- Licensed by the State of Maryland and accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children, our mission is to assure that your child receives the best care available.
- Our school is a private preschool-day care center serving children from infancy through 5th grade.
- Young children learn best through manipulation of materials and hands-on experiences.
- These activities are carefully planned and facilitated by knowledgeable teachers.
- This learning looks very much like play - but play with purpose and intent.
- Teachers organize and display materials so that children use them to figure things out, practice skills, and learn new concepts.
- Children are allowed enough time to explore those materials again and again.
- Repetition and success develops the confidence to take risks and try more complex and demanding activities.
- We believe in a developmental approach to education and that children go through an orderly series of developmental stages but at different rates.
- National accreditation is essential to our mission of maintaining the highest standards of care available.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||46 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||46:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CaliforniaGrades: NS-3 | 130 students
23443 Cottonwood Pkwy
California, MD 20619
Lexington ParkGrades: PK-6 | 91 students
20525 Willows Rd
Lexington Park, MD 20653
Lexington ParkGrades: PK-KG | 55 students
46855 S Shangri La Dr Ste 100
Lexington Park, MD 20653
Great MillsGrades: PK-8 | 198 students
20410 Point Lookout Rd.
Great Mills, MD 20634
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.