The Creative Beginnings School
- Creative Beginnings opened its doors in 1982 with the goal of providing high quality childcare to St. Mary's County.
- Licensed by the State of Maryland and accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children, our mission is to assure that your child receives the best care available.
- Our school is a private preschool-day care center serving children from infancy through 5th grade.
- Young children learn best through manipulation of materials and hands-on experiences.
- These activities are carefully planned and facilitated by knowledgeable teachers.
- This learning looks very much like play - but play with purpose and intent.
- Teachers organize and display materials so that children use them to figure things out, practice skills, and learn new concepts.
- Children are allowed enough time to explore those materials again and again.
- Repetition and success develops the confidence to take risks and try more complex and demanding activities.
- We believe in a developmental approach to education and that children go through an orderly series of developmental stages but at different rates.
- National accreditation is essential to our mission of maintaining the highest standards of care available.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||46 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||46:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- California Grades: PK-1 | 177 students
23443 Cottonwood Pkwy
California, MD 20619
(301) 863-7740 2.7 PK-1
- Lexington Park Grades: PK-8 | 83 students
20525 Willows Rd
Lexington Park, MD 20653
(301) 737-2421 4.8 PK-8
- Lexington Park Grades: PK-K | 51 students
46855 S Shangri La Dr Ste 100
Lexington Park, MD 20653
(505) 948-1186 3.2 PK-K
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.