Be Unique Academy
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Developmental and intellectual disabilities|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants, polo, and sweater with school logo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,000|
- Be Unique Academy is a loving, nurturing and unique place for children entering kindergarten through eleventh grade. The school provides services to children with a variety of intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- The school exposes students to age-appropriate class activities with a modified curriculum allowing children to work hands-on while encouraging practical, life and social skills. In addition, the school provides age-appropriate class assignments, small group and individualized instruction, which addresses each child`s needs and abilities.
- The School`s qualified staff creates life-long relationships providing consistency and stability in the student`s life. Aside from the students' core academics; they are exposed to a wide variety of extracurricular activities including, but not limited to: art, music, physical education, ceramics, keyboarding, and Spanish as part of their weekly activities. Children in need of extra support of occupational, physical, speech/language and behavior therapy have an option to be serviced during non-core academic classes. In order for the therapist to maximize the student`s therapy sessions, a quiet area outside the student`s classroom setting is provided.
- In addition, students receive instruction individually and in small groups in order to work on skills such as, but not limited to: reading comprehension, written communication, verbal communication, mathematics, science, phonics, sensory-motor processing, fine motor coordination, activities of daily living, expressive language, pragmatic and articulation. The program relies on a strong bond between director, teacher, parents, and students in order to achieve each student`s full potential.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: PK-12 | 46 students
11025 SW 84th St Unit 8
Miami, FL 33173
(305)971-1230 0 PK-12
- Miami Grades: 1-8 | 82 students
10770 Sw 84th St
Miami, FL 33173
(305)274-2208 0.3 1-8
- Miami Grades: NS-6 | 80 students
10701 S.W. 95th Street
Miami, FL 33176
(305)271-8389 0.7 NS-6
- Miami Grades: PK-K | 50 students
10095 Sw 88th St Ste 101
Miami, FL 33176 1 PK-K
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.