Beddow School - Ft Washington Campus
- The Beddow Schools offer a unique opportunity to families who live in Southern Maryland.
- The curriculum starts with a Montessori program promoting self-confidence and discipline for pre-school and elementary students, and advances to programs of exploration, independence, and academic excellence in junior high and high school.
- The Primary and Elementary teachers at The Beddow Schools are trained Montessorians and hold Montessori diplomas appropriate to the level they teach, in addition to undergraduate or graduate degrees. The support staff includes administrative professionals and classroom aides.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||46 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oxon Hill Grades: K-8 | 216 students
7800 Livingston Rd
Oxon Hill, MD 20745
(301)567-6212 1.5 K-8
- Waldorf Grades: PK-6 | 49 students
6008 Hampshire Cir
Waldorf, MD 20603
(301)870-8660 11 PK-6
Nearby Homes for Sale
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.