Bedford Montessori School
Tel: (781) 275-3344
- Bedford Montessori School was founded in 1984 to provide a warm, friendly and creative learning environment for children from Bedford and surrounding communities.
- Our curriculum is based on the philosophy and work of Maria Montessori.
- We believe that children between the ages of 2 and 6 need to work in an environment equipped with a rich choice of stimulating materials.
- The children are free to make their own work choices.
- They are given lessons based on their interests and readiness.
- Through this work they develop a sense of order, an ability to concentrate, and the coordination to handle materials with increased skill.
- Independence and a positive self-image result from the development of these basic abilities.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||54 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Patricia Shapiro|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burlington Grades: PK-K | 19 students
87 2nd Ave
Burlington, MA 01803
(781) 272-9250 2.1 PK-K
- Bedford Grades: NS-K
52 Middlesex Turnpike
Bedford, MA 01730
(781) 275-7880 2.3 NS-K
- Concord Grades: 4-12 | 85 students
521 Virginia Road
Concord, MA 01742
(781) 893-6000 2.3 4-12
- Bedford Grades: PK-12 | 103 students
10 Oak Park Dr
Bedford, MA 01730
(781) 275-2500 2.3 PK-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.