St Stephen's Armenian Elementary School
- The St. Stephen's Armenian Elementary School was founded in 1984 as a private, non-profit, bilingual Preschool in response to a need in the community to give an awareness of their language and heritage to the next generation.
- Over the years since St. Stephen's was established, it has grown into a highly regarded private, coeducational elementary school for students Preschool through Grade 5, age 2 years nine months to twelve, with a population of approximately 190 students.
- The St. Stephen's Armenian Elementary School is a child-centered American-Armenian Institution committed to academic excellence.
- At the Pre- School level, the curriculum nurtures the whole child, developing skills in the Armenian language.
- At the Elementary level, the core curriculum subjects are taught in English.
- The Armenian language and history are taught in Armenian, with an emphasis on creating awareness and instilling an appreciation of Armenian culture and traditions.
- Mission Statement St. Stephen's creates opportunities to promote student self-esteem and encourage student leadership by developing a sense of responsibility, self- discipline, cooperation, and respect for others.
- St. Stephen's works towards creating a climate of learning that encourages risk and exploration.
- Acknowledging that students acquire knowledge in various learning styles and that rates of maturation differ among students, St. Stephen's provides for these individual differences and learning.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||166 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cambridge Grades: K-6 | 279 students
110 Cushing Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617) 349-6555 0.8 K-6
- Watertown Grades: PK-12
175 North Beacon Street
Watertown, MA 02472
(617) 972-7573 0.9 PK-12
- Brighton Grades: PK-8 | 426 students
25 Arlington St
Brighton, MA 02135
(617) 254-3110 1.1 PK-8
- Cambridge Grades: PK-8 | 525 students
178 Coolidge Hill
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617) 520-5200 1.1 PK-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.