Saint Columbkille Partnership School
Tel: (617) 254-3110
- STCPS is a Catholic Lab School in the Boston Area for Students pre-K-Grade 8. Saint Columbkille is the only pre-K through Grade 8 Catholic laboratory school in Boston.
- Partnering with Boston College`s Lynch School of Education and Human Development, we design and redesign our curricula and pedagogy with evidence-based shifts and leaps in education. This dynamic and student-centered approach to teaching and learning enables our faculty to equip your student with the distinct characteristics, attributes, skills, and values they need to be successful learners.
- Founded in 1901, we are committed to the education of children of all backgrounds in an environment that cultivates respect, mutuality and care. Rooted in the Roman Catholic tradition, we search for the truth with joy, practice the good with conviction, and contemplate the beautiful as we prepare students for lives of faith, service and leadership.
- Saint Columbkille is steeped in Jesuit traditions. We seek to develop the whole child and instill the idea of "women and men for others."The Jesuit values of the pursuit of excellence, development of personal potential, critical thinking and effective communication, as well as a commitment to service are key tenets of our school`s ideals.
Upcoming Events and News
- Saint Columbkille Partnership School Offers Fall Open Houses - 09/24/2020 - Starting October 3, Saint Columbkille Partnership School is offering limited in-person and virtual open houses for prospective families.
- Sharing Joy and Responsibility at Saint Columbkille Partnership School - 09/22/2020 - Our Head of School Jen Kowieski reflects on our return to in-person learning and the joys and unique challenges we face as we start this school year.
Saint Columbkille Partnership School places among the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Language-based, Mild Learning Differences, Specific Learning Disability|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||385 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Students have the options of wearing formal uniforms, winter uniforms, and warm weather uniforms. All students are required to wear the physical education uniform on PE days. )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,900|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $7900 to $10400 on the grade. Discounts for multiple children from one family. Financial assistance is available for those who qualify.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
|Admissions Director||Erica Rego|
|Admissions Associate||Kate Ward|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Crew, Field Hockey, Nordic Skiing, Snowboarding, Track and Field, Ultimate FrisbeeBasketball, Crew,|
Field Hockey, Nordic Skiing,
Snowboarding, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||24 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Archery Club, Art Club, Best Buddies, Chess Club, Dance Club, Drama Club, Engineering Club, Field Hockey Club, Fit Kids Club, Garden Club, Junior Choir, Knitting Club, Math Club, Publishing Club, Rock Climbing Club, Rowing Club, Service Club, Ski Club, Strong Women Strong Girls, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Instrumental Lessons, Piano Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Saint Columbkille is the only pre-K-Grade 8 laboratory school in Boston. Partnering with Boston College`s Lynch School of Education and Human Development, we design and redesign our curricula and pedagogy with evidence-based shifts and leaps in education. We are proud to be a top Catholic preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school focusing on a dynamic and student-centered approach to teaching and learning. Located in Brighton - we draw students from all around the Boston area including Cambridge, Watertown, West Roxbury, Waltham, Brookline, Newton, Chestnut Hill and Dedham.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arlington Grades: PK-6 | 99 students
9 Westminster Ave
Arlington, MA 02474
(781) 643-5511 5.5 PK-6
- Belmont Grades: PK-8
55 Day School Lane
Belmont, MA 02478
(617) 484-3078 3.5 PK-8
- Boston Grades: PK-8 | 279 students
9 Moon St
Boston, MA 02113
(617) 227-3143 5.2 PK-8
- Cambridge Grades: PK-8 | 536 students
178 Coolidge Hill
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617) 520-5200 1.6 PK-8
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.