BFA student, Danielle and her parents, Joanne and David are enjoying the fellowship of a warm, autumn evening at the Annual BFA Spirit Night, 2012.
- As a college preparatory high school, we provide our students with a challenging individualized college preparatory education within a caring community of learners, while advancing the knowledge and methodology of adolescent education through research, curriculum development, innovative learning materials, and publications.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||134 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(No jeans, collarded shirts and ties on Wednesdays)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,000|
|Tuition Notes||We have individualized instruction; a Work/Study program and All-Day Program|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Associate||Amy Barnes|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Cross Country, Golf, Ultimate FrisbeeCross Country, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Debate Club, Drama Club, Game Club, Green Club, Philanthropy Project Debate Club, Drama Club, Game Club, Green Club, Philanthropy Project,
- Just as there is no one description of a BFA student, there are as many paths to BFA and our graduates choose their own path upon graduation. Our students scatter to universities and colleges throughout the world, because they are pursuing their dreams and passions not following the crowd.
- Above all our motto, "Esse Quam Videre," inspires everything we do - "to be, rather than to seem to be."
- Ben Franklin Academy: Thrive and Flourish
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AtlantaGrades: PK-12 | 740 students
215 West Wieuca Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30342
Stone MountainGrades: 7-12 | 26 students
811 Gordon Street
Stone Mountain, GA 30083
AtlantaGrades: K-12 | 266 students
1192 Foster Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
AtlantaGrades: PK-12 | 1160 students
2890 North Fulton Drive
Atlanta, GA 30305
AtlantaGrades: 6-12 | 200 students
1701 Brandon Hall Drive
Atlanta, GA 30350
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.