Ben Franklin Academy
Ben Franklin Academy Photo #2 - BFA student, Danielle and her parents, Joanne and David are enjoying the fellowship of a warm, autumn evening at the Annual BFA Spirit Night, 2012.
- As a college preparatory high school, we provide our students with a challenging individualized college preparatory education within a caring community of learners, while advancing the knowledge and methodology of adolescent education through research, curriculum development, innovative learning materials, and publications.
Ben Franklin Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- AP Courses Most AP courses offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||134 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Number of AP Courses||25 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No jeans, collarded shirts and ties on Wednesdays)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,000|
|Tuition Notes||We have individualized instruction; a Work/Study program and All-Day Program|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Associate||Amy Barnes|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Cross Country, Golf, Ultimate FrisbeeCross Country, Golf,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Debate Club, Game Club, Green Club, Philanthropy Project
Arts and Music Programs:
- Just as there is no one description of a BFA student, there are as many paths to BFA and our graduates choose their own path upon graduation. Our students scatter to universities and colleges throughout the world, because they are pursuing their dreams and passions not following the crowd.
- Above all our motto, "Esse Quam Videre," inspires everything we do - "to be, rather than to seem to be."
- Ben Franklin Academy: Thrive and Flourish
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Grades: PK-12 | 798 students
215 Chastain Park Ave
Atlanta, GA 30342
(404)252-8389 6 PK-12
- Atlanta Grades: 6-12 | 200 students
1701 Brandon Hall Drive
Atlanta, GA 30350
(770)394-8177 12.5 6-12
- Atlanta Grades: K-12 | 287 students
1192 Foster Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
(404)377-7436 4.9 K-12
- Atlanta Grades: NS-12 | 203 students
1312 Knotts Ave.
Atlanta, GA 30344
(404)281-3667 9.3 NS-12
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.