Bishop Denis J O'Connell High School
5.00 (1 review)
- Bishop O'Connell High School is a Catholic coeducational community located in Arlington, Virginia.
- The spiritual atmosphere is enriched by the presence of the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
- Our mission is to provide students an education rooted in the life of Christ and to foster the pursuit of excellence in the whole person.
- We believe in the full development of the human person, including the spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, and physical aspects of one's being.
- Commitment to academic excellence is an integral part of our identity as a Catholic school.
- We believe that students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process, and when each student has appropriate opportunities for success.
- We believe that student self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and faculty; that students thrive in a supportive yet stimulating climate which affirms the dignity of all persons; and that we are called to educate students of diverse economic, cultural, religious, racial, and ethnic backgrounds.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Muller Academic Services Program for students with documented learning disabilities|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1994|
|Total Students||1180 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||110 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||28 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Art/Drawing, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Comparative Political Systems, Computer Science, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, French Language, Latin, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Modern European History, Music Theory, Physics B, Physics C (E &M), Physics C (Mechanical), Psychology, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, United States Government, United States History,|
|Average SAT score||1220|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Fall/Spring Casual; Winter more formal with jacket)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 11|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,900|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies based on whether the student is Catholic|
|Admissions Director||Michael Cresson|
|Admissions Associate||Kathryn Haas|
|Total Sports Offered||21 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Diving, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
- A Catholic co-educational community since 1957
- Small class sizes with teachers who care
- Financial assistance available
- Convenient location with bus transportation provided (walking distance from East Falls Church Metro)
- 70 different Clubs that students participate in
- Dual Enrollment Courses available through Marymount University
- One of a kind Global Studies Program
- Project Lead the Way Engineering Curriculum
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alexandria Grades: 9-12 | 803 students
201 Cambridge Road
Alexandria, VA 22314
(703)751-7606 7.4 9-12
- Fairfax Grades: 9-12 | 1010 students
10675 Fairfax Blvd
Fairfax, VA 22030
(703)352-0925 8.6 9-12
- Alexandria Grades: PK-12 | 1133 students
1000 Saint Stephens Road
Alexandria, VA 22304
(703)212-2730 6.3 PK-12
Great Academic Program Outstanding Teachers Excellent Coaches
- Posted by Parent - billy
Nearby Homes for Sale
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.