Bishop Denis J O'Connell High School
5.00 (1 review)
- Bishop O'Connell High School is a Catholic coeducational community located in Arlington, Virginia.
- The spiritual atmosphere is enriched by the presence of the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
- Our mission is to provide students an education rooted in the life of Christ and to foster the pursuit of excellence in the whole person.
- We believe in the full development of the human person, including the spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, and physical aspects of one's being.
- Commitment to academic excellence is an integral part of our identity as a Catholic school.
- We believe that students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process, and when each student has appropriate opportunities for success.
- We believe that student self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and faculty; that students thrive in a supportive yet stimulating climate which affirms the dignity of all persons; and that we are called to educate students of diverse economic, cultural, religious, racial, and ethnic backgrounds.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Muller Academic Services Program for students with documented learning disabilities|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1994|
|Total Students||1115 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||110 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||28 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Art/Drawing, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Comparative Political Systems, Computer Science, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, French Language, Latin, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Modern European History, Music Theory, Physics B, Physics C (E &M), Physics C (Mechanical), Psychology, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, United States Government, United States History,|
|Average SAT score||1330|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Fall/Spring Casual; Winter more formal with jacket)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 12|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,285|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies based on whether the student is Catholic|
|Admissions Director||Michael Cresson|
|Admissions Associate||Christine Spann|
|Total Sports Offered||21 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Diving, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
- A Catholic co-educational community since 1957
- Small class sizes with teachers who care
- Financial assistance available
- Convenient location with bus transportation provided (walking distance from East Falls Church Metro)
- 70 different Clubs that students participate in
- Dual Enrollment Courses available through Marymount University
- One of a kind Global Studies Program
- Project Lead the Way Engineering Curriculum
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- AlexandriaGrades: 9-12 | 803 students
201 Cambridge Road
Alexandria, VA 22314
- FairfaxGrades: 9-12 | 1046 students
10675 Fairfax Blvd
Fairfax, VA 22030
- WashingtonGrades: 9-12 | 965 students
19 Eye Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
- AlexandriaGrades: PK-12 | 1120 students
1000 Saint Stephens Rd
Alexandria, VA 22304
- OlneyGrades: 9-12 | 1200 students
17301 Old Vic Boulevard
Olney, MD 20832
Great Academic Program Outstanding Teachers Excellent Coaches
- Posted by Parent - billy
Nearby Homes for Sale
April 20, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
April 10, 2018
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.