- Bishop O'Connell High School is a Catholic coeducational community located in Arlington, Virginia.
- The spiritual atmosphere is enriched by the presence of the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
- Our mission is to provide students an education rooted in the life of Christ and to foster the pursuit of excellence in the whole person.
- We believe in the full development of the human person, including the spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, and physical aspects of one's being.
- Commitment to academic excellence is an integral part of our identity as a Catholic school.
- We believe that students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process, and when each student has appropriate opportunities for success.
- We believe that student self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and faculty; that students thrive in a supportive yet stimulating climate which affirms the dignity of all persons; and that we are called to educate students of diverse economic, cultural, religious, racial, and ethnic backgrounds.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Muller Academic Services Program for students with documented learning disabilities|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1994|
|Total Students||1175 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||110 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||28 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Art/Drawing, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Comparative Political Systems, Computer Science, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, French Language, Latin, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Modern European History, Music Theory, Physics B, Physics C (E &M), Physics C (Mechanical), Psychology, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, United States Government, United States History,|
|Average SAT score||1330|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Fall/Spring Casual; Winter more formal with jacket)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 23|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,390|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies based on whether the student is Catholic|
|Admissions Director||Michael Cresson|
|Admissions Associate||Christine Spann|
|Total Sports Offered||20 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Dance,
Diving, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
- A Catholic co-educational community since 1957
- Small class sizes with teachers who care
- Financial assistance available
- Convenient location with bus transportation provided (walking distance from East Falls Church Metro)
- 70 different Clubs that students participate in
- Dual Enrollment Courses available through Marymount University
- One of a kind Global Studies Program
- Project Lead the Way Engineering Curriculum
Profile last updated: 08/07/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AlexandriaGrades: 9-12 | 803 students
201 Cambridge Road
Alexandria, VA 22314
FairfaxGrades: 9-12 | 1046 students
10675 Fairfax Blvd
Fairfax, VA 22030
WashingtonGrades: 9-12 | 960 students
19 Eye Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
OlneyGrades: 9-12 | 1200 students
17301 Old Vic Boulevard
Olney, MD 20832
KensingtonGrades: 9-12 | 550 students
4920 Strathmore Ave
Kensington, MD 20895
Great Academic Program Outstanding Teachers Excellent Coaches
- Posted by Parent - billy
Nearby Homes for Sale
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.