Bishop Foley Catholic High School
- Bishop Foley High School is a Catholic Archdiocesan college preparatory school serving the young men and women of the Detroit Metropolitan area since l965.
- BFC is big enough to offer a wide range of opportunities in academics and athletics, yet small enough for individual attention.
- Your destination to BFC will lead you to a future of personal growth and success.To quote a student, "BFC is a perfect place to grow in faith with God, while learning with friends.".
Bishop Foley Catholic High School places among the top 20% of private schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,550|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Katie Crombe|
|Admissions Associate||Amy Uebbing|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Ambassador Club, Dance Club, Drama Club, Key Club, NHS, Science Olympiad|
Club or Organization:
Band Club, Campus Ministry Team, Culinary Arts Club, Debate and Forensics Team, Medical Science Club, Right to Life, Robotics, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
- Bishop Foley Catholic is a co-ed college preparatory high school that offers something for everyone! Our smaller size of approximately 350 students coupled with over 100 programs, several extra-curricular activities and sports means there is a special place just for you in our "Foley Family." Over 90% of our students particpate in at least one extracurricular activity, ranging from our unique clubs, outstanding drama and music ensembles, championship winning sport teams, or award winning robotics team. You'll form lasting friendships, receive personal attention, and find that you can be so much more than you were in the past... you can be the person you've always wanted to be. Your destination lies at Foley, where you can truly feel at home!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waterloo Grades: 9-12 | 293 students
3231 W 9th St
Waterloo, IA 50702
(319)233-3358 469.5 9-12
- Schenectady Grades: PK-5 | 197 students
3510 Carman Road
Schenectady, NY 12303
(518)355-3080 466.8 PK-5
- Bloomfield Hills Grades: 9-12 | 628 students
7101 Lahser Rd
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301
(248)833-2020 6.9 9-12
- Pontiac Grades: PK-12 | 1053 students
1300 Giddings Road
Pontiac, MI 48340
(248)373-5300 12.1 PK-12
Bishop Foley Catholic High School is a loving, and supportive community. I am a proud member of the Foley Family!
- Posted by Teacher - Ms. Cleghorn
We are in our 2nd year at Bishop Foley, and our experience has been absolutely fantastic. From the faculty and staff, to the students we have come in contact with as well as the families involved at Bishop Foley...it has been a true blessing to our son and our family. We have seen our son grow spiritually, academically and athletically during his time at Foley. One ringing endorsement of Foley is the number of alum who have come back to teach at Foley. There is a tremendous amount of pride at the school that shows in everything they do for our kids. I highly recommend Foley for a Catholic based education that truly prepares them from life beyond high school.
- Posted by Parent - Bob H
Bishop Foley is an excellent institution. The teachers care about the students- it shows on a daily basis. They have a strong Catholic identity- by far better than most- and the students love the retreats done by Fr Gerry ...so when they say "undeniably Catholic"... they truly mean it. I would definitely send my children there. I also like the fact that it is culturally diverse.
- Posted by Parent - Chuck
Bishop Foley was a great high school experience for me. Raised Catholic, I shared classes with Catholics and non-Catholics. It speaks for itself when another religious denomination chooses a Catholic school for all it offers when it comes to education and discipline. When I entered college, a professor asked me if I went to parochial school because it showed. I wasn't the brightest student or the most academically disciplined when I graduated from BFC, but I noticed in college just how much more ready I was by the comparison and how much I really learned outside of my education that served as excellent tools for my college years. The term 'Foley family' is not a myth. It's real and lifelong. Go Ventures!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Kelly
I had an overall great experience at Bishop Foley. Natalie had a great staff of teachers that were great at what they did but they truly cared about students well-being.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Tammy Russo
We had 3 children attend Bishop Foley and 10 nieces and nephews. We were so pleased with the school`s academic and personal aspects of life. They continued to carry on the faith and traditions we instilled in them, along with dignity and respect to all. One of our daughters met her future husband there when she was a freshman, and they`ve now been married for 20 years and have 2 of their 3 children attending there, too. Thank you for keeping the standards we have always lived by and taught our children the most important things in life....God, family and love for one another. Cynthia Foreman, mother of Kelly, Tammy and Ryan Taylor and now, Isabella and Priscilla Scaccia
- Posted by Parent - Cynthia foreman
Bishop Foley provides an opportunity for ALL students to excel academically, with AP and Honors classes, spiritually, and athletically. Opportunities for band, vocal music and outstanding art courses allow students to demonstrate their God given talents.
- Posted by Parent - uebbi