Bishop Leonard-st Mary Of The Mount Academy
- St. Mary of the Mount School has been serving the families of Mt.Washington, Duquesne Heights, and the South Hills with Christian teaching, moral guidance and educational success since 1910.
- The school has been consistently rated above national norms in the Iowa Tests of Basic Skills for all grade levels.
- The school offrs innovative classes and teaching methods. Extensive extra-curricular activities includes championship basketball, volleyball, band, cheerleading and spiritual programs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||186 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pittsburgh Grades: K | 44 students
201 Wood St
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
(412)392-3970 0.7 K
- Pittsburgh Grades: PK | 58 students
200 Southern Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15211
(412)381-1515 0.8 PK
- Pittsburgh Grades: NS-K | 135 students
301 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
(412)515-1997 0.9 NS-K
- Pittsburgh Grades: PK-K | 12 students
808 Ridge Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
(412)237-6512 1 PK-K
- Pittsburgh Grades: PK-K | 51 students
5915 Beacon St
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
(412)421-4787 1 PK-K
Nearby Homes for Sale
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.