Bishop Mc Cort High School
- Bishop McCort High School, as a Catholic secondary school, is committed to facilitating the development of each person's spiritual, moral, emotional, intellectual and physical self through prayer, challenging curriculum, service projects, clubs, sports, and example in order to become responsible, productive adults who will challenge the world to live the Gospel message.
- The philosophy of Bishop McCort High School, based on the traditions and teaching of the Roman Catholic Church, acknowledge that students, administration, faculty, and staff are active witnesses in a Christian-centered community in partnership with parents, alumni, and parish families.
- Students are a diverse group of unique individuals with inherent personal, intellectual, and spiritual value who have the ability to learn and achieve.
- Our challenging curriculum and Christian service requirements integrate a relevant education in a religious atmosphere and develop character, moral responsibility and self-discipline within the individual.
- Learning takes place in a safe, calm, well-maintained facility where ownership and pride are fostered.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||410 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Physics, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP US History, AP English Literature|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Dress pants, oxford button-down shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,550|
|Tuition Notes||Students must also pay a comprehensive fee once per year. Currently $295|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,800|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Ice Hockey, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- JohnstownGrades: PK-8 | 311 students
430 Tioga St
Johnstown, PA 15905
- JohnstownGrades: PK-8 | 164 students
1621 Ferndale Ave
Johnstown, PA 15905
- JohnstownGrades: PK-8 | 303 students
2306 Bedford St
Johnstown, PA 15904
- JohnstownGrades: K-8 | 101 students
317 Power Street
Johnstown, PA 15906
- HollsoppleGrades: PK-12
125 Christian School Rd
Hollsopple, PA 15935
February 03, 2018
After conducting a survey of the educational backgrounds of current U.S. senators we were able to draw some interesting conclusions. Keep reading to learn more.
January 23, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.