Bishop Mc Cort High School
- Bishop McCort High School, as a Catholic secondary school, is committed to facilitating the development of each person's spiritual, moral, emotional, intellectual and physical self through prayer, challenging curriculum, service projects, clubs, sports, and example in order to become responsible, productive adults who will challenge the world to live the Gospel message.
- The philosophy of Bishop McCort High School, based on the traditions and teaching of the Roman Catholic Church, acknowledge that students, administration, faculty, and staff are active witnesses in a Christian-centered community in partnership with parents, alumni, and parish families.
- Students are a diverse group of unique individuals with inherent personal, intellectual, and spiritual value who have the ability to learn and achieve.
- Our challenging curriculum and Christian service requirements integrate a relevant education in a religious atmosphere and develop character, moral responsibility and self-discipline within the individual.
- Learning takes place in a safe, calm, well-maintained facility where ownership and pride are fostered.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||410 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Physics, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP US History, AP English Literature|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Dress pants, oxford button-down shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,550|
|Tuition Notes||Students must also pay a comprehensive fee once per year. Currently $295|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,800|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Ice Hockey, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Johnstown Grades: PK-8 | 311 students
430 Tioga St
Johnstown, PA 15905
(814)539-5315 1.4 PK-8
- Johnstown Grades: PK-8 | 164 students
1621 Ferndale Ave
Johnstown, PA 15905
(814)288-2811 1.4 PK-8
- Johnstown Grades: PK-8 | 303 students
2306 Bedford St
Johnstown, PA 15904
(814)266-3837 2.3 PK-8
- Johnstown Grades: K-8 | 101 students
317 Power Street
Johnstown, PA 15906
(814)536-4722 2.5 K-8
- Hollsopple Grades: PK-12
125 Christian School Rd
Hollsopple, PA 15935
(814)288-2588 4.2 PK-12
June 22, 2018
If your school has placed boarding students with families, you might want to consider out-sourcing your boarding program. It is one way of adding value to your day school's offerings.
June 20, 2018
You would think it would be easier to get your child into an elementary or primary school than into a prep school. But in fact it is almost as complicated.
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.