- McGann ~ Mercy Diocesan High School is a community of approximately 380 students representing great geographic, economic, and religious diversity.
- Students represent all levels of academic ability from average to honors.
- At McGann-Mercy Diocesan High School, we require a commitment to excellence in any pathway that our students choose to pursue.
- We pave the road they choose with ethics, curiosity, and moral character intertwined with spiritual commitment.
- Our school encourages students, faculty and staff to work collaboratively to develop a learning community where innovative instruction, intellectual and imaginative activity, and coordinating community service challenge each person to attain his or her full potential.
- McGann~Mercy's challenging academic program offers small classes and highly qualified teachers.
- Students are afforded the personal attention needed to meet their individual needs and abilities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||507 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Saint JamesGrades: 6-12 | 126 students
541 Long Beach Road
Saint James, NY 11780
Stony BrookGrades: 7-12 | 370 students
1 Chapman Parkway
Stony Brook, NY 11790
West IslipGrades: 9-12 | 1706 students
1170 Montauk Highway
West Islip, NY 11795
East HamptonGrades: NS-12 | 416 students
18 Goodfriend Drive
East Hampton, NY 11937
SmithtownGrades: PK-12 | 570 students
1 Higbie Dr
Smithtown, NY 11787
Nearby Homes for Sale
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.