Blessed Sacrament School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (718) 235-4863
- Blessed Sacrament School in partnership with families and the community provides quality and relevant Catholic education through the teachings of Christ that prepares students to become effective individuals, sensitive leaders, lifelong learners and productive citizens.
- As a Catholic elementary school, it is dedicated to sowing the seeds and laying a solid foundation toward the development of the ideal and well-rounded individual, a person for others, to be accomplished through an educational program that fosters personal excellence, social commitment and spiritual formation.
- The vision of Blessed Sacrament School is to educate our students in the skills needed for the present as well as the future.
- We are dedicated to teaching the virtues and values taught us by Jesus Christ.
- The knowledge and practice of these virtues and values encourage our students to respect themselves and others, Our curriculum follows the guidelines set by the New York State Standards.
- Students are challenged and prepared for entrance into high school, whether it be a Catholic or specialized Public high school, Blessed Sacrament School was among the first schools in the Diocese of Brooklyn to receive and maintain accreditation from the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, In addition we have been the recipient of the New York State Effective School Award, the New York State Award for Academic Excellence, State Education Department and Futures Foundation grants, We also, recognize the vital role that the family plays in the learning process.
- Parents are their children's first and most important teachers. Therefore, we welcome each student's family into our school community and encourage them to participate in all facets of their child's education, It is the goal of Blessed Sacrament School to work with you to provide our students with a strong academic and spiritual base to meet the challenges of the 21st century.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||268 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-2 | 122 students
105 Highland Place
Brooklyn, NY 11208
(718) 647-1014 0.4 PK-2
- Ozone Park Grades: NS-8 | 372 students
94-01 85 Street
Ozone Park, NY 11416
(718) 641-6990 0.9 NS-8
- Woodhaven Grades: PK-8 | 305 students
8749 87th St
Woodhaven, NY 11421
(718) 847-3904 1 PK-8
- Brooklyn Grades: K-6 | 392 students
2635 Linden Blvd
Brooklyn, NY 11208
(715) 348-9360 1.1 K-6
Had the best experience in my life there to this day I still keep in touch with Ms. Celmer and many many of my classmates who I consider my best friends. The educational experiecne helped me be the person I am today.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - tagi9
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?