Followers Of Jesus School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (718) 235-5493
- Followers Of Jesus School is a multi-cultural school with a multi-ethnic faculty.
- While 3/4 of the students have a Caribbean or Latin American heritage, the most accurate description is that most of our kids are multi-ethnic.
- Students also come from a variety of economic and social backgrounds.
- This diversity is one of the strengths of FJS as students learn to appreciate and affirm each other as the unique individuals God has made them to be.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other religious school association(s)
Mid Atlantic Christian Schools Association (MACSA)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||41 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Light blue golf shirt and navy pants or skirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,850|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition assistance available to qualified families.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||James E. Gochnauer|
|Admissions Associate||Jennifer Vasquez|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||MACSA Bible Quizzing, School Newspaper, Student Council officer|
- Followers Of Jesus School is a multi-cultural school with a multi-ethnic faculty. While 3/4 of the students have a Caribbean or Latin American heritage, the most accurate description is that most of our kids are multi-ethnic. Students also come from a variety of economic and social backgrounds. This diversity is one of the strengths of FJS as students learn to appreciate and affirm each other as the unique individuals God has made them to be.
- Students at FJS earn a Local School Regents or NYS Regents diploma which is accepted at CUNY and SUNY schools. Graduates currently attend Buffalo College, Buffalo University, and NYU Polytech, as well as other CUNY colleges and technical schools.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: NS-8 | 354 students
17 Hinsdale St
Brooklyn, NY 11207
(718) 342-7722 1.1 NS-8
- Brooklyn Grades: NS-12
5205 Foster Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11203
(718) 629-4559 3.6 NS-12
- Albany Grades: 9-12 | 114 students
99 Slingerland Street
Albany, NY 12202
(518) 463-2247 135.8 9-12
My kids came from public school not doing well and now 2 are on the honor roll, one is still giving problems but the teachers work with him and stays after school with him. My last daughter is also about to attend in September 2013.
- Posted by Parent - holne
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?