5.00 (1 review)
Boxberry School Photo #2 - Our custom built school features lots of natural lighting! One great room for lots of multigrade interactions along with 3 separate classrooms.
Boxberry School Photo #3 - Annual photo of our students jumping on there favorite recess toy - the dirt pile!
Boxberry School Photo #4 - Field trip to Boston - an annual event. Boston is our biggest field trip - but we take numerous trips through out the school year. We feel the trips enhance our students learning experience.
Boxberry School Photo #8 - Reading buddies! Every Monday afternoon - students are matched up to take turns reading to one another.
Boxberry School Photo #9 - Community involvement! Our students picking up trash in the spring in the town of Norway.
- Boxberry School Small classes, multi-age groupings, flexible curricula, and time to experiment and explore enable us to support children who are at many different educational levels.
- Our program recognizes that every child’s innate curiosity and interests are an integral part of their academic success and that each child’s mind is unique.
- We seek to build children’s confidence and knowledge by offering a curriculum that addresses multiple ways of learning a school atmosphere that supports creativity with a teaching that asks for critical thinking.
- Teachers employ a hands-on, interactive, theme-based approach to classroom topics.
- Skills in language, math, sciences and social studies will be addressed as students delve into aspects of the current theme that interests them.
- We recognize and value the many ways that children learn.
- Class sizes at the Boxberry School are small to allow teachers to identify and work with each child's learning style.
- Our custom-built school is an inspiring center for learning and exploration.
- Spacious classrooms, filled with natural light, create a perfect environment for solving a math puzzle, painting a masterpiece, or for getting lost in a book.
- Our vision for Boxberry School includes the building of deep, long-lasting relationships between students, teachers, parents and the greater Oxford Hills community.
- We especially see the participation of parents in school activities as an integral part of the learning process.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||11 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,200|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Scholarships are available for some students|
|Admissions Director||Kim Camous|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bryant Pond Grades: K-8 | 14 students
27 Perkins Valley Rd
Bryant Pond, ME 04219
(207)674-2934 10 K-8
- Bridgton Grades: 1-8 | 10 students
15 Wayside Ave
Bridgton, ME 04009
(207)647-4404 12.8 1-8
- Hebron Grades: 6-12 | 262 students
339 Paris Rd
Hebron, ME 04238
(207)966-5225 14.6 6-12
My girls go to BB and THEY LOVE IT!!! My oldest daughter attended public school the first couple years of her school life - and struggled! When we moved to the area - we decided to investigate Boxberry and I''m so glad we did. She loves school, her friends and getting to do so many things with her hands! She loves to be creative and BB is a very good fit for her. My younger child loves interacting with children of all ages and she thrives in the close community feeling this small school offers. As a parent, I love having daily contact with my children's teachers and knowing they are getting a GREAT education! I can't praise this school enough!
- Posted by Parent - kimbo
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.