5.00 (1 review)
Field trip to Boston - an annual event. Boston is our biggest field trip - but we take numerous trips through out the school year. We feel the trips enhance our students learning experience.
Morning Meeting. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday students participate in Morning Meeting - where they greet one another, share news worthy events that are exciting to them, and also play a quick game before snack time and morning academics.
Reading buddies! Every Monday afternoon - students are matched up to take turns reading to one another.
- Boxberry School Small classes, multi-age groupings, flexible curricula, and time to experiment and explore enable us to support children who are at many different educational levels.
- Our program recognizes that every child’s innate curiosity and interests are an integral part of their academic success and that each child’s mind is unique.
- We seek to build children’s confidence and knowledge by offering a curriculum that addresses multiple ways of learning a school atmosphere that supports creativity with a teaching that asks for critical thinking.
- Teachers employ a hands-on, interactive, theme-based approach to classroom topics.
- Skills in language, math, sciences and social studies will be addressed as students delve into aspects of the current theme that interests them.
- We recognize and value the many ways that children learn.
- Class sizes at the Boxberry School are small to allow teachers to identify and work with each child's learning style.
- Our custom-built school is an inspiring center for learning and exploration.
- Spacious classrooms, filled with natural light, create a perfect environment for solving a math puzzle, painting a masterpiece, or for getting lost in a book.
- Our vision for Boxberry School includes the building of deep, long-lasting relationships between students, teachers, parents and the greater Oxford Hills community.
- We especially see the participation of parents in school activities as an integral part of the learning process.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||21 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,200|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Scholarships are available for some students|
|Admissions Director||Kim Camous|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HebronGrades: 6-12 | 262 students
PO Box 309
Hebron, ME 04238
BethelGrades: 9-12 | 256 students
Po Box 860
Bethel, ME 04217
South ParisGrades: K-12 | 43 students
10 E Main St
South Paris, ME 04281
Bryant PondGrades: 1-8 | 15 students
27 Perkins Valley Rd
Bryant Pond, ME 04219
BridgtonGrades: 2-9 | 9 students
15 Wayside Ave
Bridgton, ME 04009
My girls go to BB and THEY LOVE IT!!! My oldest daughter attended public school the first couple years of her school life - and struggled! When we moved to the area - we decided to investigate Boxberry and I''m so glad we did. She loves school, her friends and getting to do so many things with her hands! She loves to be creative and BB is a very good fit for her. My younger child loves interacting with children of all ages and she thrives in the close community feeling this small school offers. As a parent, I love having daily contact with my children's teachers and knowing they are getting a GREAT education! I can't praise this school enough!
- Posted by Parent - kimbo
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017