- Brookfield Schools provides services at three schools. Brookfield Academy serves students in grades 9-12, Brookfield Elementary serves Students K-8 and our Transition to College program serves juniors and seniors. Brookfield staff assists students who are experiencing special emotional/behavioral issues that interfere with their learning in the regular public school system.
- The educational component of Brookfield Schools is designed to provide an intensive and grade-level, academic curriculum with a successful model for therapeutic services and socialization opportunities that promotes each student`s academic success.
- Our priority is to facilitate the learning process. Additionally, we hope each Brookfield student will transition with an increased awareness of appropriate social behavior, greater self-esteem, and more positive social interactions.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
National Association of Private Special Education Centers
ASAH Private Special Education
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Leaning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||57 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is paid by the public schools who place the child in our private, nonprofit special education schools.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ed Travis|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
- All students receive individual and group counseling on a weekly basis. We are proud to offer a case load of 1:15 or less for our certified school social workers and school psychologist. A child psychiatrist also consults to each program every other week and p, which includes the capability for medication managment.
- The elementary school offeres a 20 day extended school year program that runs 4 days/week for five weeks. This enables the students to continue to advance their skill base academically and emotionally.
- At the Academy vocational programs include Culinary Arts in an in-house commercial kitchen, costmetology and grapihic design. Accredited by NCASES.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cherry Hill Grades: 1-12 | 101 students
2127 Church Road
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
(856) 482-5252 4.1 1-12
- Haddonfield Grades: Inquire with school | 78 students
144 Kings Hwy W
Haddonfield, NJ 08033
(856) 428-8108 1.5 Inquire with school
- Atco Grades: NS | 186 students
280 Jackson Rd
Atco, NJ 08004
(856) 767-5757 9.8 NS
- Sewell Grades: PK-12 | 54 students
610 Holly Dell Dr
Sewell, NJ 08080
(856) 582-5151 10.8 PK-12