- Brookfield Academy acknowledges the impact of critical learning periods in early childhood on developing social, emotional, intellectual, physical and moral competencies.
- The influence of a Montessori-based education respects the uniqueness of each person and preserves and nurtures an innate capacity to reach full potential as contributing world citizens.
- This is accomplished through individually paced academic instruction and activities directed by Montessori certified professionals working in concert with students and their families.
- Our curriculum provides for concept development and skill acquisitions in prepared classrooms with a focus on learning-by-doing.
- Our methods enable students to develop respect for individual differences as they engage in purposeful, collaborative learning.
- Our students use inner discipline, concentration, and task completion for lifelong critical thinking and discovery.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||97 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition information available upon request.|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Glee Clu|
- Reading and Language Arts
- Mathematics & Science
- Social Studies
- Music, Band Art, Technology
- Spanish & Physical Education
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Southfield Grades: PK-6 | 68 students
19421 W 10 Mile Rd
Southfield, MI 48075
(248)799-0066 7.9 PK-6
- West Bloomfield Grades: NS-PK
4500 Airline Dr
West Bloomfield, MI 48323
(248)682-0110 2.1 NS-PK
- Livonia Grades: PK-4 | 71 students
38945 Ann Arbor Rd.
Livonia, MI 48150
(734)464-2789 14.4 PK-4
- West Bloomfield Grades: NS-K | 118 students
6201 W Maple Road
West Bloomfield, MI 48322
(248)661-0910 2.5 NS-K
- Bloomfield Hills Grades: PK-2 | 56 students
2101 Opdyke Rd
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
(248)338-1166 5.3 PK-2
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.