- The goals of a Buckley education are that every boy learn fundamental skills, gain self-confidence through disciplined thought and action, develop personal integrity and respect for others, and discover the joy of learning and the satisfaction of pursuing excellence.
- Having high standards, pursuing excellence, exhibiting concern for each child and maintaining the level of student engagement are goals of a first-rate faculty.
- This is certainly the case here at Buckley where we support our colleagues in their development as professionals and in their critical work with our students.
- In addition to exceptional teachers, what makes Buckley truly special is our focus on the development of the whole boy.
- We require boys to participate in all areas of school life, engaging the mind, body and spirit.
- The moral development of the boys is also a chief concern.
- Each year our boys are exposed to programs that address such topics as decision-making and accountability.
- Buckley is a truly unique school, which, while proud of its traditions, is well positioned to embrace the challenges of the twenty-first century.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||372 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||61 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: KG-12 | 646 students
260 W 78th St
New York, NY 10024
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 1281 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 396 students
52 E 62nd St
New York, NY 10065
New YorkGrades: K-9 | 407 students
132 E 78th St
New York, NY 10075
New YorkGrades: NS-8 | 163 students
319 E 74th Street
New York, NY 10021